Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fun new project!

Even though the Ultimate Blog Party is officially over, I'm still taking some time to visit blogs that I missed. I found Skip to My Lou this evening and it is such a cute blog! They have TONS of craft ideas, sewing projects, holiday ideas and more!

One of the first sewing projects I came across was this adorable lined zippered pouch.


I'm totally going to make it! I think it would make a great make-up bag and awesome gifts for girlfriends! I also like their idea of putting a cute little something (like the homemade cross necklace they had) inside the pouch when presenting it to that special friend! I personally would LOVE to receive this as a gift! All the time, effort and thought put into it would mean so much to me!

It's so cool too because while I have a sewing machine, I have very little experience using it and my mother-in-law, who is a sewing queen, offered to help show me a few tips and tricks! I'm very excited about that! I do, however, feel that the tutorial offered with the zippered pouch sounds very easy so I think (I said, I think!) I'll try this one on my own first and we'll see were we get! haha!

I think you should hop on over to their blog and check out their fun stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute! you have to post some pics when you finish it :o)

    I have an Award waiting for you at my blog :O) Life is Grand! Have a great day

    ~Sandy~

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin