Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Have some manners...please.

The other day, Evan and I were at Target doing some shopping and after checking out, we headed towards the elevators. As we approached I noticed an older looking woman standing between the two elevators closest to me. The down button was lit up so I didn't bother with it. A few seconds later, the light went out so the older woman stepped forward to press it again. Just then the elevator furthest away opened. As soon as I noticed it, I leaned forward to tell the woman. As I did this, this other woman, probably in her mid thirties, walked directly in front of me, between the older woman and myself. She was headed towards the open elevator, the one both the older woman and myself were waiting for. The older woman then noticed that the elevator was open so we both started walking towards it. This is when complete oblivion/rudeness occurred.

I watched the other woman who had rudely walked past us, enter the elevator, press the #1 button, all the while keeping her back towards us and the doors began to close. This completely shocked me. I raised my voice and said, "Can you hold the door?!"

Nothing.

Again I said, in a much louder voice, "Can you hold the door?!"

The woman finally turned around and gave me a "whaaaaatttt?" look. Like she was the only person in the whole world.

Again I said, "HOLD THE DOOR!"

The poor older woman finally had to place her shopping cart in between the doors to get them to stay open, after that, we were able to get in.

What an awkward elevator ride it was. The only thing that kept it semi-friendly was the fact that Evan kept making silly faces at the older woman and she began talking to him.

Some people can be so rude....or completely and awfully oblivious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin