That is the question.
From, "Oh you should wait awhile." to "He's getting a little shaggy." I knew the time was fast approaching in the hair cut department.
And that day came on May 23, the day before Evan's first birthday.
A little over two years ago, I went to this adorable kids salon called "Chocolate Mousse" with one of my best girlfriends and her daughter. With cute polka dots on the wall, a fun play area and treats to go home with, I decided that I was going to take my child there for first hair cut, whenever that would be.
For a few weeks prior to his hair cut, I had my mind set on that cute little place and couldn't wait to take him there. Then on the morning of said hair cut, we were running out of time with the planning of his party and what not, so we decided to go to another kids salon that was much closer to our house that a friend had taken her son to recently.
This other salon was so cute! The name was "Balloon Cuts" (their website is under construction!) and their hair cut stations were fit with fun little cars that the little tikes could sit in. The walls were painted with fun balloons and there was a play area with a playhouse and TV with a Playstation. Fun fun!
When we got there we had to sign in and wait our turn, the place was packed! When Evan's name was finally called, we sat him in his little car and the stylist put an apron over him. Boy did he love getting his hair cut! He laughed the entire time and love "steering" the car and flipping the apron up in the air with his arms!
It's amazing what a good job the stylist did considering all of the moving Evan was doing. The only part he didn't like was the blow dryer and the electric razor she used on the nape of his neck.
After the hair cut was over, they saved a few locks of his hair and gave us a "First Hair Cut" certificate. So cute! I can't wait to add it to his baby book.
The sad part for me? Seeing what a big boy he is getting to be. He didn't look like a baby anymore, but he was stinkin' adorable!
I love you Mr. Evan....I can't believe how lucky I am to be your mommy.
Mr. Shaggy before...

Just getting into the "driver's seat"...

Getting his apron put on...

The first few clips...

Bad angle, but you had to see the excitement on his face!

Flipping the apron up in the air with his arms while giggling like crazy...

Having a blast!

Getting the hairs styled...

All did! (He doesn't look excited...but he was!)





















Cuteness! Nothing but cuteness! He's an adorable little man - with or without the haircut!
ReplyDeleteEileen
http://ruralwisconsin.blogspot.com/