Monday, August 24, 2009

todays a good day.

I'm having a gosh.darned.good.day.today.

Nothing too spectacular going on. I just feel happy. and good. and fantastic.

I like days like today.

You see, I'm having a good day (great day really) despite these things:

1. Awoke at 7:30am to the sound of Evan crying

2. Hopped into the shower real quick and once out, continued to hear him cry

3. Went into Evan's room to find him with one of his arms sticking out the neck of his pjs...not sure how he managed that...

4. Placed him on the changing table to find a horrible case of diaper rash. (Note to self, do not take a shower before tending to the little one...especially if he's crying.)

5. While trying to apply diaper rash cream, he screamed out in pain and stiffened his legs (poor little guy...I hate to see him like that)

6. As I was preparing breakfast, Evan started to cough a lot and finally threw up

7. During breakfast, Evan continued to fight me with eating

8. More whining during breakfast

9. Within one hour of waking up, Evan was down for his first nap of the day

10. After said nap, Evan refused to eat his veggies during lunch and continued to drop his sippy cup on the floor

11. More whining

And then the good part of my day started. Yay!

Evan and I headed on over to Santana Row for a little window shopping (and a cupcake for me). We went to Starbucks and I used three gift cards that I found in an old wallet that paid for my entire drink except for 1 cent. 1 cent! Woot Woot!

Next we went to Kara's cupcakes and I got a chocolate velvet cupcake. We then sat right outside under an umbrella and I ate my cupcake and drank my iced latte. Yum-O! Then we walked along the sidewalk while snooping in windows of too expensive stores. We did however go into Sur-la-Table and purchased some rolled fondant for the cupcakes for Lisa's shower on Saturday along with a cookie/cupcake decorating kit. After that we headed to Lisa's Tea Treasures and purchased their wonderfully yummy lemon curd and European cookies, both for the shower. And then it was homeward bound.

Evan's now down for his second nap of the day and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm excited for the shower on Saturday and I'm happy to be going to my step aerobics class tonight. I'm sure I'll feel even more fantastic after that!

Today's a good day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your day got better after that rough start! Poor little guy. Shopping and a cupcake will make up for all of that though :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin