Monday, December 21, 2009

Blog Hop - FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MEMORY

This weeks Blog Hop is all about your favorite Christmas memory. For me, there have been many different Christmases that meant something special to me. But for the sake of this blog hop, I'm going to go with something from my childhood, even though my adult memories are just as special.

It was probably in 1988 and I was 11 years old. We had been living in our new house for about a year and half and my sister, brother and myself finally had our own bedrooms after sharing one together for 8 years.  On Christmas morning, the three of us woke up before the crack of dawn because, what kid doesn't, and met up in the hallway. We ran to our parents bedroom door and knocked quietly hoping to hear some sort of movement that meant it was time to open Christmas presents!

And then suddenly, we heard it.

We ran into the living room straight towards the Christmas tree and right before our eyes where the coolest things we had EVER seen. We turned around and ran back to our parents door and whispered, "SCOOTERS!". And there they were. Three shiny brand new scooters waiting to be ridden. The purple one was mine, the red one was my sisters and the black one was my brothers. And they were ours. Ours!

We just couldn't believe it! I don't remember exactly how long it took us to ride them but I'm sure it wasn't long after all the gifts were open. In addition to our scooters, we all received walk mans to wear while riding away on the sidewalk. It was the best Christmas EVER.

To this day, we say "SCOOTERS!" to each other when we think of Christmases past. It is definitely a Christmas we will never forget.

Merry Christmas Everyone!


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. How fun and exciting! I love Christmas memories like that. May you get all the presents wished for this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very exciting Christmas that was for you as a child.
    Your post made me smile.

    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great memory story to share!!
    Linda
    at smithsoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin