Sunday, December 18, 2011

buddy's first christmas program!

On the 8th, Evan's preschool held it's annual Christmas program. For the two weeks prior to the event, the kiddos practiced their songs during school and had three rehearsals the week of. I remember sitting in the school office working away on bookkeeping one morning when I heard Miss Heather asking everyone what they wanted to be in it. Later that morning, another teacher, Miss Rachelle, came into the office and said, "So do you know who Evan's going to be in the play?" I said no and she then told me that he picked Joseph! I was so shocked and excited! Miss Rachelle's daughter was going to be Mary and I just thought that that was so cute!

The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the program week, we all took the kiddos over to the sanctuary (the preschool is at a church) to practice and on the Thursday, they had their dress rehearsal. Evan looked so cute in his Joseph costume! I about died when I saw him with his head dress on! So cute! Miss Heather asked me if I'd control the sound for the rehearsal so I stood in the back in the sound room and just pressed the play button on the cd player! hahaha!

As I stood there and watched, I started to get nervous. Evan wasn't cooperating very well and was basically all over the place. Running around, jumping, not paying attention. I thought, "Oh Lord, how is this going to turn out?!" I prayed and prayed for him and all the rest of the day I kept telling him to not run around, to listen to his teachers and to not jump off the stage. Oh and to NOT take off his costume in the middle of the program like he did during rehearsal. Oy.

Of course during our many chats that afternoon, he always agreed with me but of course with any active preschooler, seeing is believing! Well that night he did a fantastic job! He only jumped off the stage once and ran across the front of the sanctuary at the beginning! haha! Luckily, he wasn't the only one and you could hear all the mommy's, daddy's and grandparents laughing, it made me feel better. He sat down when he was supposed to sit down and stood when he was supposed to, with the exception of the very end when they were all singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", he decided he was over it and went and sat down in his chair behind everyone! haha! Oh well! Can't win them all right?

I wasn't able to get a ton of great pics since there were so many people crowding the stage at the end, but here's a few!


 RSP Christmas Program collage (Large)

After it was over, everyone headed over to the preschool for cookies and hot chocolate! The kiddos made and decorated sugar cookies at school and that's what was served! I thought that that was such a cute and fun idea!
It was nice also because my dad along with my sister and her hubby were able to attend as well as my MIL and SIL. They all got to see Evan's preschool and it was just really fun! 

Evan, we love you very much! You did a great job in your very first Christmas program and what a treat to see you dressed as Joseph! 

evan as joseph2 (Large)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't stopped by in such a long time :( I'm a bad blogger :( It seems I barely have enough time to keep up my own blog, let alone visit other blogs I love. Anyway.

    Congratulations on baby GIRL!! YAY! And I'm so so sorry about your mom. I just cannot imagine. Hope you're feeling well, and enjoying the magic of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looked so cute as Joseph! I bet you were so proud of him!! I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet! Tonight is Molly's Holiday Program at school and I am so nervous she is going to do something goofy! Evan looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are so good. I especially LOVE the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, he looks so cute in his costume!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. How fun!! Dustyn's preschool did a singing program. Wish they would have dressed up but I am sure it would have been stressful. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin