E seems to have mastered his crawling skills over the past week. He's all over the place! I miss the days when I could leave him on his back with his play gym around him while I left the room for a few minutes and know he'd be right where I left him when I returned.
I've been feeling a little down over the past couple days. I'm tired of saying "NO" and chasing after his every move. I knew this was going to happen at some point so it's really no surprise but I'm getting frustrated. I can't wait for E to go down for his nap and when he wakes up I'm bummed out. My time is not my own anymore and I guess I'm having a little trouble with that this week. We've put up his play yard but it seems that every time I put him in it, he either cries or whines. It really wears on your nerves after awhile.
I feel bad for feeling this way. I love E so very much. I don't like feeling like I wish he'd just be happy entertaining himself and letting mommy do what she needs or wants to do. I told my husband about how I was feeling last night. He told me it was normal and not to worry, but I am. I feel like I'm a bad mom.
Has anyone else felt this way? I'm hoping I'm not alone in this boat.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I'm not a mom yet but I work at a school with kids. I have noticed a great alternative to saying "no". Instead, suggest a different idea of something to do. This might help make things a little bit happier.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I actually read something about 'No' the other day in "What to Expect the First Year" book. It said to choose your battles and say 'no' only when it's used to prevent danger for the baby or someone else. I'll have to try your idea on suggestions. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete