Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hallmark

After my doctor appointment yesterday afternoon, I decided to stop at the Hallmark store near my house. To my surprise, it was going out of business. While I was sad to see it going, I was excited to get some good deals!

I've really wanted to add to my collection of Willow Tree figurines since my mother-in-law gave one to Ben and I for one of our wedding anniversaries. This is the one she gave us:


I've had my eye on a few more and hopefully this Hallmark location will continue marking them down, they're only at 10% off right now. I'd really like to get some, it not all of these:


The next one is one I wish I'd have seen this time last year...not sure if it's relevant now...what do you think?


I love this next one:


The nativity set is one I really want as well. My mother-in-law got the entire set for my sister-in-law for Christmas a few years ago...I was secretly jealous!! hehe!


While I didn't purchase any Willow Tree items, I did however find something really cool! I had seen this book on another occasion and didn't buy it, but since it was marked down I decided to take advantage of the sale and I got it.

It's called "On a Personal Note: A Guide to Writing Notes with Style". This book has all kinds of ideas and tips on how to write any type of card or letter. Have you ever written a birthday card or thank you card and after reading what you wrote, it didn't flow well or sounded weird? And if you wrote in pen, you couldn't erase it and the card was ruined? I've been there a zillion times but now, with my trusty guide to writing notes, I'll never have a problem thinking of something to say ever again! Yay!

You should check it out...maybe it'll help you find the perfect thing to say in your next note!

On another note (ha! no pun intended!!!) have any Hallmarks stores near you been going out of business? I hope this isn't a trend...I really love this store!

3 comments:

  1. I just "hinted" enough to my mom..okay so I bugged her to death..about that nativity scene, and every year on Christmas Eve I get a new addition to it.

    I love Willow Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get the "mommy to be" figurine! I think it's relevant, because you were a mommy to be & it's part of your family's timeline! A magnificent part at that!!! I like the dad one too! FUN & very Ben :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there! Visiting from the UBP!!I love the Willow tree figurines. I only have four of them so far. They're adorable & inspirational.I hope that you don't mind, I added your blog to my blog roll. Feel free to stop by mine any time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin