Monday, March 23, 2009

Project in progress...

Yesterday afternoon, after taking a much needed nap, my sister, Evan and I went out for a little Sunday afternoon fun. My main goal was to go looking for a picture frame for my "teeny tiny toes" project.

We decided first to go for some frozen yogurt at this yummy place in downtown Willow Glen, an adorable part of our city we live in that has cute little mom-n-pop shops and other large chain stores. I absolutely love tart frozen yogurt so I got the original tart yogurt with fresh strawberries on top....YUM-O!!!

After that we headed on over to Target to begin my search of the perfect picture frame. I originally wanted to create a shadowbox of some kind to showcase my cutie pies little tootsies but then I decided on just a plain black frame with a white mat where I could add some scrapbooking items and what not around the photo.

With my frame all set to go, I ordered the print from Walgreens.com and picked it up this afternoon just before heading over to the scrapbook store for some cute baby embellishments. This is what I've ended up with so far...

First the frame and the photo. I love how it turned out!


I got these cute little green letters to spell out his name although I'm not sure if I'm going to include his middle name or just have his first name yet. I also got some baby boy stickers. I got these because it has one sticker in particular that I think goes with the theme perfectly.

It says:

Little ears,
Little nose,
Little fingers,
Little toes

So cute don'tcha think?

And then I got some cute extras with a blue onesie and other cute items. I also purchased a scrapbooking magazine while at Target. I wanted to get some ideas on how to lay my items out and also what to purchase if I didn't already have it (I already have a TON of scrapbooking stuff that's just waiting for me to use it!).


I can't wait to get it all put together and showcase it in my home!

After this project is complete, I'm going to put together a frame or two of Evan's Halloween photo shoot...here's a peek at some of the pics...








I'm very excited for this project as well!!! I'm glad I'm finally taking some of the pictures of Evan and doing something with them!

I just need to figure out where I'll hang them...do any of you have any suggestions on ways to hang multiple photo frames on the wall? I don't want it to look all hodge podge...just clean and simple!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I am glad to know I wasn't the only one to use two costumes on the 1st halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    I found your blog from the UBP.

    I love that B/W picture of his little toes :)
    What a great idea to use scrapbooking material inside the frame!
    I think I'm going to have to steal that idea!

    The halloween shots are super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin