Wooo Hooo!!! I'm so very excited!! The last vacation we had was for our 3rd wedding anniversary in December 2006. We went to Disneyland and had a wonderful time. Then one year later I quit my job just 2 days before our 4th wedding anniversary and so began vacation lock down.
When Evan was born, Ben took advantage of his family leave and stayed home with Evan and I for an entire month. It was awesome! But then it was back to work for him at the end of June. Since that time he hasn't used any of the rest of his family leave. According to the 'rules' of family leave, if there is any remaining time left at the time of the child's first birthday, it would be forfeited. So since Evan will be one in May, we've decided to use a couple of the weeks he has left and take a family vacation! Our very first family vacation! Yay!
We're planning to take a road trip up north and visit some of my family and Ben family. I have an aunt and uncle who live in Red Bluff who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Evan yet so I'm excited to show him off and Ben and I also have some close family friends who live in Redding. Then we're off to Eugene, Oregon to visit Ben's grandma, grandpa, aunt and a ton of cousins and their families.
We're planning to leave the day after Easter and return on the following Saturday. It'll be a interesting to see how Evan does on an extended car ride! Right now he's used to 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there....hopefully he'll sleep most of the time!!
So, I'm very excited for this trip and I can't wait to get packing!!!
What was the last vacation you and your family were on? Where did you go and who did you go with?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















My last vacation was to Myrtle Beach! It was fabulous. I hope you have a great time
ReplyDeleteMy Fiance and I just got back from a weekend trip to Atlantic City! It was great.
ReplyDeleteRoad trips are so fun - you'll have a great time!
I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time! And I hope Evan does well in the car. My mom and dad got us a portable DVD player for our car and that is our saving grace on long trips. Only 10 minutes of Baby Einstein and she is out like a light :-)
ReplyDelete