in 62 days!!!
Evan will be the big 1 on May 24...I can hardly believe it!
I love to entertain. I love planning, making, surprising, making people happy...everything that goes along with get togethers or parties!!! So I've given myself the 'go ahead' and start the planning of Evan's big day!
My original thoughts on a theme rested somewhat on dinosaurs. I thought that using bright blues and greens would make for a great color palette...besides, who wouldn't want to see their one year old's tongue become a mix of blues and greens?? hehe
Anywhoo...I started my search online the other night, Sunday night to be exact, and found that most dinosaur themed birthday parties involved giant, scary, drooling (well maybe not the drooling, but it made for a more dramatic tone, no???) dinosaurs and not very brightly colored decorations, mostly browns and darker shades of yellow...ick! So at first I became a little anxious thinking, "Well, what the heck am I going to do now?" and then something came up on one of my google searches that caught my eye and I clicked on it. And there it was. This was it and a whirlwind of ideas came flooding to me!
Check this out...
The colors are going to be blue, red, orange, yellow and brown. I'm going to use the colors in polka dots, stripes and stars. I'm also going to incorporate the A*B*C's and maybe a few stuffed animals. I absolutely love these plush toys from BabyStyle. I'm also completely bummed that they're going out of business!! boo! Well, I was able to find one of the toys on eBay...for $6.99!!! It's the one with the 'donut' looking circles that go around the 'steak'. That's the best I can describe it! It's the one on the right side of the picture. haha!
It's cool too because I really wanted to get this for Evan a couple months back after being at a friends house and they had it. Evan really liked it! So when I found this picture I was so excited!!
So that's the basic idea for now. I'm going to make cupcakes instead of a big cake. Those will be the polka dots. I will, however, have a larger cupcake decorated just for Evan. I'm excited about this one. Here's a picture I found during my search and I thought it was an excellent idea but in the party colors. I think this cake is actually very large, but I'll down size it to a little bit bigger than a normal cupcake size.
Then I found this picture and thought it was a good idea for the birthday banner, again in the party colors.
My other ideas are to get party streamers in the party colors and drape them across the ceiling and those will be the stripes. Then I thought I could make some stars out of construction paper and hang them from the ceiling and put some on the walls.
And lastly (for now!), these are some cute ideas I found for invitations.
This in the party colors with some polka dots and strips instead of the butterfly:
I thought this could bring out the birthday banner:
And these last two could bring out the polka dots:
Which one do you like?
Can you tell I'm excited or what?!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I like the first invitation. your so creative. the party sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteOh My Goodness! I wish I could help you decorate! hahaha....it all looks SOOO adorable!
ReplyDelete(I think I like the third invite the best...but, they are all adorable)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to read more of yours as well...
Hope you have a beautiful and blessed day..and I'll "talk" to you later..
-Summer