Friday, April 24, 2009

Evan's First Easter

Before I start my Easter post, I have to admit something. I have been a bag blogger recently. From Easter, going on vacation, hubby on vacation for his second week this week and me working more than usual, blogging has honestly been the last thing on my mind. I've actually had some fun and exciting things going on and I'll share them in separate posts. I apologize and I promise to get my act together!

Now, on with the show!

Evan's First Easter was super duper fun! I just couldn't wait for Easter morning and see Evan enjoying his Easter basket and goodies. I also couldn't wait to see him sportin' his ultra super cute Easter outfit. Here he is taking his first look at his basket and wearing his outfit.



I found some cute and different "Easter Eggs" at Target and thought they would be so fun for his basket. One set were Easter eggs shaped like basketballs and the others were shaped like eggs but made to look like carrots. They are so cute and fun!



And because I'm just too lazy to look right now, I'm not sure if I posted about the Easter basket I bought for Evan at Pottery Barn Kids. I wanted to get him a basket that he could use every year, like my husband and his Easter basket that his mom still has and uses! So I chose one that was sturdy and well, cute. Then as I was shopping I noticed that they had these cute basket liners and while they were just about sold out, I found one that looked like a basketball and purchased it. It was really cute. Especially after all the goodies were put inside. I probably had more fun putting it together than Evan did playing with it! But that's probably the point anyway, right?

Here he is getting his first taste of Easter egg plastic...



And apparently he couldn't decide which egg to choose first, the gold one or the pink one...



And thankfully...he chose the gold one! After all, isn't the gold one like supposed to hold something really special?



And just because I couldn't get enough of him, here are a few more photos I snapped of my cutie pie!







In the early afternoon, we headed over to my mother-in-law's house for lunch and Easter activities. Evan received a ball and two baseball caps from grandma and looked like he was having fun!







And here I am reading Evan his Easter card from grandma...



Then after lunch we headed back to our house to visit with my folks and unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of that. We did however have a family photo shoot with my sister at a nearby park and this is what we got!













The sun was so bright, it was hard not to squint!





So, all-in-all, we had a great time! It's funny how holidays mean so much more when you have a child! I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Your son is so cute!

    Check out my blog..You have an award!

    ~Leslie
    http://livelovelaughwithleslie.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin