Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And the high comes down...

Evan's 1st birthday party was so much fun! Looked like everyone who came enjoyed themselves, especially the kiddos who spent most of their time goofing around on the playground!

Cleaning, of course, was a pain the behind. In fact there are still traces of something birthday related, lying around the house. If you know me IRL, you'd know that this drives me bonkers. I need a clean house. We'll get there, hopefully sooner than later.

Aside from all the partying and attempts at cleaning, I'm feeling a little blue today. I woke up this morning with this strange sad feeling and a small bit of guilt. I asked myself why I was feeling this way and I think I may have figured it out.

There was such a build up to the party and entertaining and then a holiday on the following day to kind of unwind from all the hustle and bustle, that waking up this morning to a semi-quiet house (I say semi-quiet because of course I do have a toddler in the house now...not so quiet) was kind of depressing. And the guilt feeling? Where did that come from? I'm assuming it comes from the amount of money we spent on the party and whatnot. Even though there really isn't anything for me to feel guilty about, for some reason I do.

I seem to always get this sad feeling when a big event comes and goes. It was the same for my wedding, Ben's surprise 30th birthday party and now Evan's 1st birthday. Strange, huh? It'll be over by this evening I'm sure, but I can't stand it.

I'll post about the big event within the next couple days as I'm busy trying to get my house back into a more normal state.

oh....and I forgot to mention that I started Weight Watchers today. Maybe I'm in mourning about that....who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin