Thursday, May 28, 2009

Evan's First Birthday Party

On Sunday May 24, Ben and I awoke to a toddler in the house. Our baby isn't a baby anymore. While he'll always be our baby, he's getting bigger and older and well, not a baby anymore.

After staying up until 1 am on Sunday morning, I got out of bed at 7 am to start the day. Evan greeted me with his usual adorable smile and I said Happy Birthday to him. After his diaper change I dressed him in his "My First Birthday" onesie and put on his new "Baby Legs" leggings. After seeing them on this blog and seeing them at Target, I had to get them for him! He looked so cute!



After his birthday breakfast, which included everything he usually eats in the morning and nothing different (poor child, not even a special birthday meal!), he was off to his morning nap.

While Evan napped, I got the house in order, showered and started preparing the different dishes that I planned for the party. (On a side note, I am very bummed that I completely forgot to take any pictures of the cupcakes I made...they were so cute...oh well.)

After that I made my way over to the park where my wonderful dad volunteered to sit and "guard" our tables since 8:30 in the morning. I decorated the shade tent with the help of my brother and set the tables up. It turned out really nice!







The guests started arriving around 2:30 and it was par-tay time! Everyone looked like they were having fun and the older kiddos enjoyed the playground! I don't remember seeing them for most of the day!

Around 4:45 or so Evan started to show us how tired he was so I decided that it was time for the cake. In addition to the 72, yes 72, cupcakes that I made, I used a large cupcake pan to make a large cupcake just for Evan! It turned out really nice! This picture is Evan getting his first look at the beast!



You should have seen everyone faces when they saw it! Ben called it "a cupcake on steroids"! Too much fun!

Then it was all downhill from there. Everyone enjoyed watching Evan make a complete mess out of himself, not to mention the amount of fun Evan had himself! It was really cute!









And the party wouldn't be complete without a picture with the proud parents (notice how my teeth are blue...I licked the blue icing off his candle and that was the result!)



After all the guests left, we headed back home to open gifts. It might as well been my birthday, I had a lot of fun "helping" Evan open them all!





One of the gifts was a sippy cup with his name on the front. Here he is trying to drink from it, even though there isn't anything in it!



We all had a wonderful time celebrating Evan's first birthday! It was a lot of hard work, but it was well worth it! I'll end with a couple pics of Evan showing the amount of fun he had...it was a precious day for sure.


3 comments:

  1. Awe! Happy Birthday to your little man :) I just love that HUGE birthday cupcake...looks like he enjoyed it too!! thanks so much for stopping by..enjoy the rest of your weekend

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin