With me being out of town last weekend and being lazy this week, I completely forgot to update you all on my doctor appointment last Friday.
I arrived at the doctor's office a little early and within minutes I was taken back to the room where the mammogram would be performed. I was becoming a little nervous not knowing what to expect and the nurse made a comment about it. Not to mention, I was standing in front of her with barely a cover up around my bare chest!
The nurse started the mammogram and it actually wasn't bad at all. After a few images where taken I thought I was good to go but then she had me take a couple more in a different position and angle so the area where the lump was located could be photographed better. That's when the procedure became VERY uncomfortable. Not only did I have to hold my breath while the x-ray was being taken, I had to bare the pain of these two paddle-like objects squishing my boobie into almost a cracker. It hurt so bad. Luckily it was only a few seconds (that felt like a few minutes) and then she lead me into this waiting area while she looked over the images.
After what seemed like forever, she returned and took me to a room where the ultrasound was to be performed. It was kinda weird having an ultrasound done somewhere other than my belly. The last time I had one was when Evan was in my belly kicking away! Good memories...but that's another post for another time...continuing on...
After the nurse looked over the area where the lump was, she got up and said she was going to go talk to the doctor about it and she'd be right back. Ummmm...I wondered what that meant. I told myself not to panic.
After a few minutes the door opened and the doctor herself entered the room carrying a sunflower. She says, "This is for you." I said thank you and thought, "Oh my gosh, she's going to tell me something horrible. That's what they do when they're about to give someone bad news. They get the 'death flower'." So she sat down and started the ultrasound herself and looked around for a bit. I felt a little choked up but held myself together. Then she says, "Well, I see what you're talking about and it looks like fatty tissue. Nothing abnormal." PHEW! I felt so relieved! So I guess it wasn't the 'death flower' after all. Later my mom told me that all the women leaving were carrying flowers, I guess for Mother's Day or something.
So there you have it, fatty tissue. Fatty tissue. Well I guess I should be happy it's in my breast and not my belly! ha! The doctor just told me to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get bigger and if it does, give her a call. I'm so thankful and happy that it wasn't something worse.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They all meant a lot to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I'm so glad it wasn't anything serious!
ReplyDelete