May 24th is fast approaching and the invites were finally mailed out today. I don't know where the time went. Evan's 1st birthday seemed like ages away and I felt like I had all the time in the world to plan his party but last week came and suddenly I realized I was quickly running out of time!
The package containing the party supplies arrived from UPS yesterday afternoon and I was so excited! My original party plan ideas flew out the window as soon as I realized my time was limited so I found this fun 1st birthday party collection.
I love the colors and polka dots! In addition to the plates, napkins, plastic utensils and cups, I purchased a fun high chair kit, balloons - both mylar and latex, two different birthday banners, invitations, thank you cards, streamers, curling ribbon and much more!
I've also been looking online for a cute little birthday hat that Evan can wear when he's chowing down on his cake. He's pretty good at keeping things on his head and face. He'll keep his sunglasses on! It's so cute!
We've gone to a few 1st birthday parties this year and some have had their little one have a cute little cake just for themselves. I thought that was such a cute idea! So I'm going to make a large cupcake for Evan so that he can dig right in and get frosting everywhere! It's going to be so fun! For our guests, I'm going to make regular cupcakes for them in a couple different flavors. Tonight I'm going to do a test run and make some cupcakes and practice with the icing and the decorating. I'm really excited about this! I think I'm starting to develop an unhealthy obsession with cupcakes and large ones at that!
I'll post pictures when I'm done! Yay for 1st birthdays!!!





















very cute first birthday stuff! you will have to post the party pics so we can see everything in action :O)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I can't wait to see it in action myself! :)
ReplyDeleteOh--I LOVE that stuff!! I'm already on the prowl for something fun and Camden isn't even six months!
ReplyDeleteHey, by the way, don't forget to sign up for my giveaway! It'll be perfect as little man works on self-feeding and what-not...
Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.
ReplyDelete