Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Worry Update

So this morning I went to my dr. appointment for the lump I found in my breast.

After for what seemed like forever, my doctor came into the exam room and performed the breast exam. She indeed found something on the right side of my right breast and (sorry TMI) some discharge came out of my nipple when she applied pressure to it. She sent the discharge to the lab to be analized, we should get the results sometime next week. Then she had me set up an appointment to have a mamogram performed on Friday morning.

I'm worried.

While she said it didn't concern her much, I'm still worried. I'm only 31. And I know I shouldn't go there, but it kills me to think of leaving my family. My husband and my son are the most important people in my life. Nothing comes even close to them. Nothing.

I'm also kinda anxious about the mamogram itself. I've never had one done before so I can only go on what I've heard from others. Have any of you had one done before? What was it like? How long did it take?

Also, could you keep me in your prayers? Please pray that I have peace until Friday (and after) and that they find nothing. However, if there is something, please pray that God will give the doctors wisdom on how to treat me. Also, that I won't be in a lot of pain.

Thanks everyone.

4 comments:

  1. If the doctor wasn't worried, you should really try not to be too. (I know, easier said than done, right?) There's really nothing more you can do at this point - you found it early and addressed it quickly. There's nothing more you can do right now so try not to beat yourself up with what if's.

    I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear this. I will be praying that God gives you peace of mind and that it is not something serious. Please keep us updated. : )

    Praying for you and your family!

    ~Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I go from moments of worry to moments of peace. Thank goodness it's mostly peace. I'll let you know how the appointment goes within the next several days. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin