My goodness! It has been so stinkin' hot these past couple of days I can hardly stand it!
Luckily I worked for most of yesterday so I was inside with wonderful A/C but today was another story completely.
Evan and I arrived for Sunday school around 9:40 this morning and were happy to find it nice and comfortable in the sanctuary. Little did I know that it was not to last. When we entered our Sunday school classroom, I felt the still warm air hit me like a ton of bricks. My eyes immediately scanned the room for a fan and when I saw one I was relieved but then quickly unrelieved (is that a word???). I couldn't plug the darn thing in! Oy...
Eventually my mother-in-law (who teaches the class) opened the back door to let a little breeze in but it brought little relief. I was excited when the clock struck 10:55 because that's when "big" church started and we could go back into the well air conditioned sanctuary.
After church, Ben and I invited my dad to come along with us for lunch. We decided on Sweet Tomatoes and hurried our way inside to again relieve ourselves of the unrelenting heat. Imagine our disappointment when we walked in to see a very packed restaurant with virtually no A/C! It didn't help that I carried Evan inside and his body heat combined with mine was causing my back to drip with sweat....ewww....
We finally sat down and with sweat on our brows, we finally felt the A/C click on. Hallelujah! We were able to eat most of our lunches in a semi-comfortable state when we suddenly started feeling the heat again. Not to mention, Evan was covered in his lunch basically head-to-toe and starting to whine. I got up to clean him up and soon realized that my feeble attempts to spruce him up with wipes were not working. I had to strip him of his clothes right there at the table! Needless to say, he was not happy. With a crying and dirty baby, loud restaurant patrons, plates and silverware falling to the ground, food on the floor beneath my feet and enough sweat to fill a swimming pool, I was so ready to leave!
Ben took Evan to the car to cool themselves off with the A/C while I waited for my dad to return from the restroom. He couldn't return fast enough, I was so very uncomfortable! Finally a nice young man came to the table to clear our plates and he took one look at me and says, "It's really hot in here huh?" I replied, "Oh yeah!" He then tells me that the A/C isn't working. I felt badly for him. I was lucky enough to be able to leave within minutes and he had to stay for however long he needed to in order to complete his shift. Poor guy.
When my dad finally returned to the table we packed up our things and headed to the car. What a relief to get inside and shower ourselves with blasting A/C vents and kick our shoes off (well at least I did!). And when we got home, we turned the A/C on and kept it on for well over an hour. I even covered myself with a blanket while napping! It felt so good!
Summer is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!