On Saturday evening at 6:00pm, my vacation or should I say, staycation, started. However I had to wait until today at 4:00pm for it to officially begin since that's when Ben got off from work to start his. I'm so excited because we have so much planned!
Let's see...tomorrow, July 1, is my sister's 30th birthday so we're all planning to head to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to celebrate and have some birthday fun on the beach. This will be Evan's first trip to the beach so it should be a lot of fun. Hopefully the weather will be a little cooler than it's been the past several days, otherwise I may just die from a heat stroke!
Then on Thursday, Ben, Evan, my mother-in-law and I are going to Monterey to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I've never been there so this is going to be something new for me and Evan. I'm even more excited that I get to take pictures with my new camera! I've seen pictures from friends who've been in the past and they were amazing! The jellyfish are spectacular and the tank they're in is awesome! Can't wait to see it in person!
On Friday, we're going to the Children's Discovery Museum. I took Evan a couple weeks ago and Ben was a little bummed that he wasn't able to go so he's very much looking forward to seeing how Evan enjoys all the sites!
Then since Saturday is the 4th of July, we're heading over to my mother-in-law's house for dinner and dessert and maybe play a few games before heading back over to our house to watch the fireworks. It's really a special site from where we live since we live on a hill that overlooks both sides of the valley. We can probably see 10+ firework shows at the same time! It's really cool!
And finally we're going for a visit at my Aunt Julie's house on Sunday evening in Felton. My cousin and his wife are in town and this will be the first time they meet Evan and us meeting their daughter, Naomi. I'm really excited about this because I don't get to see them very often. I'm hearing that we'll have some sort dessert and I'm always for that! Yum!
Anyhoo, so that's what we have up our sleeves this week. I know we'll probably be worn out come Monday morning, but I think it'll be worth it! It's a good thing Ben and I both took Monday off as well, we'll really need the extra day to recover for sure!
How about you? What are your plans for the 4th? Does your family have any traditions you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!
Have a Happy Fourth of July everybody!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















That sounds like a fantastic staycation! Taking off Monday too was definately a smart idea.
ReplyDeleteWe have no big plans... just tying up all the loose ends for the wedding. I can't believe it's almost here.