I had such a fun time last week that coming home to a quiet house this week has been a little sad. The morning of the wedding, there was a buzz going through the house with people, flowers, hair, make-up, dresses, shoes, food, you name it, it happened here. And while this buzzing left my house a literal mess, it was fun.
We started the week by shopping for my shoes. We headed over to Off Broadway Shoes and I found two pairs that I couldn't decide upon. I decided to purchase them both and see what they both looked like with the dress on and I'd return the other. These are the shoes I chose. I just loved them! However, they were not my friend the day of the wedding. They couldn't decide it they wanted to be flip flops or not because they kept coming off my heels with every step. Needless to say, this was very annoying. And during the ceremony, my pretty little painted toes went completely numb. I thought that when something is numb you're not supposed to feel pain. Well, I felt pain. But they looked good on and that's was matters, right girls? Beauty before pain, right? Whoever said that is not my friend either. Boo.
After shoe shopping, we made a few quick trips to Michaels for more ribbon for the favors and to JoAnn's Fabrics for other miscellaneous items.
My sister ordered her flowers from Costco and they arrived on Tuesday. She ordered 100 long stems white roses and 30 white hydrangea stems which arrived squished in it's box. After a few phone calls to Costco, they shipped out another batch for free. Yay! So after all was said and done, we ended up with 60 hydrangea stems for the price of 30! We did notice that after a day or so, the squished hydrangeas filled out and looked much better. Thank goodness!

I'll stop for today but come back tomorrow to see my pretty little painted toes and the favors!























I totally know what you mean about the big let down. I get the exact same way. Glad that you such a great day though. The shoes were cute!
ReplyDeleteThe after effects of a wedding...indeed, it can be deflating. But the flowers are gorgeous and I bet they smelled wonderful! Not that you kept your nose stuck up in flowers all day or night. :) It's such fun to see wedding pics and hear the stories. Thanks for sharing. I'm popping over from SITS roll call-Happy Thursday.
ReplyDelete