Friday, October 2, 2009

a cup of cozie

I was planning to write up a wedding part three post today but I'm not feeling it so instead I'm going to share my new project idea with you.

I didn't mention it in this post but in addition to buying new fall decor for my home I purchased a couple coffee cup sleeves at the Harvest Festival. I like to call them "cup cozies" kinda like "tea cozies" made for tea pots. Of the two I purchased, one is made with a black and white damask pattern with a bright pink lining and the other is a pretty floral pattern with a muted brown lining.


 



 


Since then, I've been toying with the idea of making some myself. So this afternoon, I sat down in front of my computer and searched for a pattern. After a couple tries I found this one. It's a bit different than the ones I purchased but I think they are even cuter! I love the giant button closure and the author's idea of replacing them with two smaller buttons is so cute!

I purchased some fabric a few months back that I was planning to make a diaper bag with but I think I may use it for these little guys. I'm so excited! ;)

4 comments:

  1. A cup coozie!?! I love it! I may be living in a bit of a bubble because this is the first I have seen these for a cup of coffee. Let us know how that project goes. I might have to make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Got your email and stil need to reply back to you!

    I love these little cozies. So cute! The second print is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nifty! Pretty patterns too.

    p.s. Thanks so much for stopping by last week on my SITS feature day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! To think of all the wasted paper that I create with my Starbucks addiction. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin