Friday was my 32nd birthday.
32nd.
Ugh.
When I turned 30 I was okay with it. I didn't really feel any different and it was just a number to me. 31 came and well, it was fine. But this 32 thing is bothering me for some reason.
When I look at myself in the mirror, I can see the aging process beginning around my eyes. My make-up is settling in places I'd rather it not. Today I was sitting at a red light and I pulled down my sun visor and opened up the mirror. It seemed like the skin around my eyes have aged overnight! Granted, it could have been the lighting combined with my make-up but still. I realized that I'm.growing.older. Period.
Now, I guess I should be happy that most folks think I'm younger than I am. When a new manager started at my job, I mentioned something about my husband and she came back with, "You have one of those?" and I said, "Yeah, and I have a baby too." She was floored. She asked how old I was and when I told her she couldn't believe it. I offered to show her my ID but she declined. She thought I was in my mid twenties or something. I thought it was funny.
Not all of my 32nd birthday was an eye-opener though. I actually had a very nice birthday. I was able to have dinner with my family and my best friend and her daughter at Claim Jumper that evening. They sang 'Happy Birthday' to me and the restaurant gave me a red velvet cupcake with one candle sticking out of the top. By the way, red velvet = YUM! Just thought you should know.
After dinner we all came back to my house for some cake and ice cream and for hanging out. It was nice that we had had dinner early because everyone left and went home by 9:00 which allowed me to wind down before heading off to bed. It was a relaxing evening.
On Saturday, my mother.in.law babysat Evan all day while Ben and I headed off to Pleasanton for the Harvest Festival. I bought a few cutesie autumn decor items for my house and then we were off to down town Pleasanton where we snooped around the fun mom and pop shops and finally had lunch at this great place called Vic's. I had a very yummy chicken salad sandwich with a garden salad. Yum-O for sure! Oh, and I was also able to use my camera and snap a few fantastic photos. I'll have to post them later in another post.
That evening we got dressed up and went out for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory where I dined on their overly delicious orange chicken with white rice. I was tempted to order their new red velvet cheesecake but decided I'd better not with all the other yummies I had indulged in over the past couple days. Even with that it didn't help with the scale this morning...but that's for another post.
Then finally my mother.in.law had us over for a birthday dinner in my honor. It was so good! She made several of my favorite food items and even picked up a burnt almond cake from Peter's bakery! Good job Marsha!
We ended our evening with Evan pushing off the kitchen table with his feet while in his high chair, toppling over onto the ground and finally smacking his head on the floor. I was so freaked out. We called the on-call doctor who suggested we take him into the ER for evaluation. After all was said and done, Evan was fine and we headed home. I decided that I would feel more comfortable if I woke him every few hours just to check on him. He woke up fine both times and it was such a relief to see how well he was doing.
Now we're here on Monday and it's been a pretty low-key day. I decided that I wanted to start doing a little "pre-school" with Evan for about a half hour each morning so I headed over to the teacher supply store this morning and picked up a few things. I'm so excited! I bought him some paper shapes in different colors, crayons, washable markers, construction paper, magnetic letters and numbers for the fridge and some smiley face stickers just for fun! Oh and I bought this fun A+B+C border for the part of his room where we'll set up a new toddler desk and chairs. I can't wait! It'll be so much fun....and cute!
Anyhoo, that's about it for my birthday weekend. I had a nice time and am very excited about my gift card! Finally! I can actually buy something when I go to the mall! Yay!
Hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Happy Belated Birthday honey!!! Sorry I didn't wish you one sooner :-) I am SO SORRY to hear about your baby boy's accident, but I am sure glad he is okay. Whew! What a way to put a damper on a b-day. But at least he is okay and it sounds like you had a great birthday otherwise :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an awesome birthday weekend! Sounds like my kind of birthday! I am so spoiled because I make my family celebrate it with my over the course of a couple of days! I also get the birthday blues when it's over, but that's just normal for me. I will be 30 in December! I'm gettting old!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my. Well, I guess you know it's been a good celebration when someone ends up in the ER! I'm so glad he was OK. And happy belated birthday. You are still a young thing:)
ReplyDeleteNice to you hear you had a fab bday. Red velvet cheesecake? I'm all over that!
ReplyDelete