On September 11, 2001, it was my 24th birthday. I woke up that morning to get ready for work and was stunned at what I saw on the tv. It was like a dream, not something that was really happening.
I'll be honest, I was a little bummed that it just so happened to occur on my birthday. My mind wandered into thoughts of "What will future birthdays be like?" or "Those friggin terrorists will not spoil what God gave me!". I had other friends who held the same birthday and decided to celebrate their birthdays on a different day from then on.
Not me.
Why give those terrorists the benefit of that? Why let them take yet another thing from an American? So....I will celebrate proudly. Not just for the day I was born into this God given world but celebrate that the terrorists lost in at least one area of their disgusting plan.
So on Friday, September 11, 2009, I will pray for all those affected by the terrorist attacks and remember what happened and give thanks to God for giving me another year to honor and love Him.






















Gosh that must be tough to have a birthday on a day like 9/11. I hope you enjoy your birthday tomorrow! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Veronnica! Just stopping by to wish you a happy birthday today! I also got down the recipe for the scones and I'll be trying them out tonight! :) Enjoy the rest of your day and I will talk to you later!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for giving the terrorists the proverbial finger!
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Birthday!
Stopping by from SITS to say hello. This blog hop thing sounds like fun. I might have to check this out.
Thank you Veronica! I had a nice day! Actually, it's spanning over three days! The hubbs and I went to a craft fair in Pleasanton this morning and then walked around down town for a while and had lunch. Tomorrow we're heading over to my mother.in.law's for a belated birthday dinner...YUM!
ReplyDelete