Tuesday, September 8, 2009

chicken salad sandwich

I really not being biased. After all, I didn't create the recipe, but this has got to be the best and I mean the best, chicken salad sandwich recipe....EVER.

And if you won't take my word for it, you should have seen the empty tier that was once the home of the said sandwich. Everyone loved it. I was actually sad that they were all gone because I was really looking forward to leftovers.

Thankfully, I had all the ingredients still in my pantry so the very next day after the shower, I made it again.

And it was good. Really good.

Now I could just tease and leave it at that...but I won't.

I'm not that mean.

At least not today.

So, I really want you to experience the best chicken salad sandwich...EVER. If you don't like chicken salad, I'll understand. Actually, I won't but to each his own....right? Right.

Here we go...the top tier in the photo holds THE sandwich. Obviously, this was before they were devoured. Unless of course, you still won't take my word for it.


Chicken Salad Sandwich (The best EVER)

1 - 1 1/2 cups diced chicken
12 red seedless grapes cut in half
4 tbsp light mayo and a little extra for the bread slices
1 rib celery; chopped
1 green onion; chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of chopped walnuts (this wasn't an original ingredient, but I added it and it was great!)
Whole wheat bread

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together
Using the whole wheat bread, spread a thin layer of mayo on each slice
Lastly spread mixture on one slice of bread and top with remaining slice

Eat!

3 comments:

  1. These sandwiches sound delish! They sound a lot like the chicken salad sandwiches my sisters made for me for my last baby shower. You should try putting green olives in them and putting them on croissants! Soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I LOVE chicken salad... I think I'm going to have to make some today! My recipe is very similar, but I use raisins sometimes! I'm glad I waited to do my grocery shopping until after I read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh, that chicken salad sounds delish! Hi from SITS. : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin