Sunday, September 6, 2009

lemon scones

When I was thinking of things to make for my sisters bridal shower last weekend, I decided, as I've mentioned, on a tea themed party. We have this really fun tea place at a few locations here around town called Lisa's Tea Treasures. I decided to start there with my food ideas.

Over the next few days, I'm going to share those recipes here on my blog because...well....they.are.that.fantastic.

Today's recipe is the lemon scones. One word describes these scones...YUM-O. That is one word...right?

No only are these scones good, they are super duper easy to make. Not many ingredients or kitchen utensils are needed. That is a MAJOR plus with me. Less is more in my book....at least when baking/cooking is concerned.

Lemon Scones

2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 cup whipping cream
2-4 tbsp water

1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees

2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt

3. Stir in lemon peel

4. With a fork, stir in cream and water (as needed) until it all comes together in a rough mass

5. Knead dough about 5-6 times in bowl

6. Place on a greased cookie sheet and pat into an 8 inch circle; with a sharp knife, cut dough into
8 pie-shaped wedges

7. Bake 20-30 minutes, until golden brown

8. Remove to wire rack to cool

I wish I had a good picture to show you but...I don't.

I'd love it if you would let me know what you think if you decide to try them out yourself. They are so good!

Yay for lemon scones!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to the whole less is more concept for baking. I'm already challenged in the baking dept, so all the help I can get is appreciated! :) I will def have to try out this recipe when I get the chance and I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin