Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the hill's on fire!

So my family and I live on a hill. It's a pretty awesome hill. The view is spectacular and you can see basically 360 degrees around. At night the city lights are pretty cool and during Christmas time, if you look carefully, you can see the Christmas decorations on the buildings of local malls...pretty cool.

While living on a hill that has pretty cool views is, well...cool, it comes with it's draw backs.

Like fire.

This afternoon just after putting Evan down for his afternoon nap, I sat myself down on the couch for a little computer and me time. As I was checking my email, I noticed a new one from someone who lives on the hill as well. I can't remember the exact title of the email now but it was something along the lines of "Is everything okay? I hear there's a fire on the hill." with a link to a local news station. I clicked on it and right away saw a large picture of a hill on fire. It was my hill. Since my husband came home early today we both walked out to the street to see what was up and sure enough the whole front side of the hill was charred and small areas were still on fire. Lucky enough, the fire station had it under control and everything was fine but what a close call.

I remember two years ago this past May, the back side of the hill caught fire and you could actually see the flames from my back patio. That was pretty scary since it was very smokey outside and once I got inside my house, it was pretty smokey in there too. Luckily, all turned out well with that one but it was still scary.

All this fire business has me thinking of the poor families who lost their homes in Southern California. I can't imagine what they're going through. I've really got to thank the Lord for protecting my family and neighbors and also remember those affected by the Southern California fires.

God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad that the fires haven't gotten to your home... I imagine that would be terrifying to have to deal with!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin