Sunday, October 11, 2009

family photo shoot

I was so excited when my cousin's wife asked me to shoot their family photos a couple of weeks ago. Her oldest daughter and her family were going to be in town from Washington state and she wanted to use the opportunity to get some family photos of not only them but of their new granddaughter, Riley. I snapped up (punn entended!) the offer faster than you can say 'SMILE!'.

Yesterday was the big day and we decided to meet at this beautiful beach near Santa Cruz called Natural Bridges. This beach has special meaning to me because it was where my husband took me on our first date and where we had our engagement pictures taken. It has pretty greenery, small rocky hills and this gorgeous rock formation about 100 yards from shore.

We were in luck with the weather as it was overcast, perfect for photos and it wasn't hot, it was actually a little chilly but I took it! We made our way down the beach and decided upon this little spot just before the wet sand met the dry sand. The family coordinated their clothes and all wore blue jeans and white shirts, even baby Riley did! After figuring out a good position and several different poses and group (or couple) combination's, this is what I captured...

Group shot (Large) (2)


The proud new momma and Riley

Lisa and Riley (Large)

The beautiful new family

Shane, Lisa and Riley 2 (Large)

 Grandma and her happy girl

Lynn and Riley (Large)

Daddy and his girl

Shane and Riley 4 (Large)
I had such a fun time shooting for them and I'm having an even more fun time editing them and getting them all ready for the family. I can't wait until the next shoot!

5 comments:

  1. Wow is all I have to say! The pictures turned out beyond awesome! You did such a great job V!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! so when are you taking a trip to UT so you can take my family pics?

    Thanks for visiting me on my special sits day, I hope you had time to enter my giveaways that now end tomorrow! See you soon.
    the Buzz, Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures sis! I guess this year I'll be asking for you to shoot my Christmas photo eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow girly those are beautiful. Good luck with the second shoot.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin