Wednesday, October 14, 2009

stupid nail spa lady

So yeah, today I'm irritated.

I went to the nail spa on Monday evening to have the nails I had put on for my sisters wedding taken off. I'm so not a nail person but when we were there getting pedicures the week of the wedding I thought 'What the heck, let's get some nails...'.

I will not do that again.

So I go in and I tell the lady that I just wanted my nails taken off and then get a manicure to pretty them up a bit since they would most definitely look a little haggered. The lady asks me if I want a fill and I say no so she takes me to her station and I sit down. Immediately she pulls out the box of nails and takes out two. Now I'm thinking, "I hope she doesn't think I just want these taken off and a whole new set put on." but I continued to watch to make sure she didn't do the exact opposite of what I was requesting. Then she takes one of the nails and starts to jam it under the grown out portion of the nail on my right pinkie. I'm thinking, "Well good, at least she understands what I want." and proceeded to watch. She then says, "Let me know if it starts to hurt." Oooookayyyy.... Hurt? Who said anything about this hurting?

It did indeed start to hurt and I tell her so. She stops for a millisecond and starts on it again until she finally takes it off along with my entire top portion of my natural nail. I immediately feel what had happened and I look down and see blood. Her response? "Oh, oops." What? What do you mean 'oops?'! I ask her if she could please use acetone to soften them up and she says that women don't usually like doing that because it dries out their cuticles. I could really care less about my cuticles and this point, I'd much rather have an intact nail that moisturized nail beds.

 nails (Large)

So she soaks my nails in the acetone and then uses her electric nail file thingy and files them all down until they're gone. Now how hard was that? Then she starts on my manicure which was nice but she did a horrible job on my nails. The paint is already chipping off and the ends of the nails are all jagged.

Thankfully my pinkie feels a little better today but I will never, ever, go to the place again nor will I ever get nails put on again, just for the heck of it.

Stupid nail spa lady.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty awful! I'm sure you could do a better job on your own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man...sorry that you had to go through that. I hate going to nail places too. Seems like the people there always have their own agenda.

    On a different note...it's been raining like crazy here. Has it been like that up there too? Are you guys still planning on making your way down here this weekend!

    Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowch!!! That totally sucks!! I've never had that experience, I usually just take mine off at home. (I'm too cheap to pay for them to take them off.) Where did this happen? I don't want to go there! :( I hope this doesn't turn you off from ever getting your nails done again. :( They don't all suck that bad!!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin