Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the cutest spider in the world

Evan was a lucky little ducky this Halloween as he was able to go trick-or-treating three times...yes three times! On Friday afternoon we went down to downtown Willow Glen for their annual trick-or-treating event. We took him last year but since he was only a tiny tot at 5 months old, we just carried him from store to store picking out our, err, his candy.

This was little buddy with mommy last year at Powell's Sweet Shoppe in Willow Glen:

me and buddy copy
This year it was bit more crowded due to the fact that it was much nicer weather (although I prefer cooler weather over warm, ick!) and we went during the big rush. We dressed Evan up in his spider costume and off we went. Store after store we went and then we realized Evan was feeling a little warm. I took off his spider bonnet and poor little guy, his hair was all sweaty and matted. He was burning up! We rolled up his sleeves and kept his bonnet off in an attempt to cool him down. A little bit after that we decided put him in his stroller to give him a rest. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get that many clear photos of his trick-or-treating but I did get these great shots of him enjoying his very first lolly pop!

Evan with his lolly pop 3 copy

Evan with his lolly pop copy

Evan with his lolly pop 6 copy

Evan with his lolly pop 7 copy
Then on Saturday evening Oakridge Mall had their annual trick-or-treating event from 5pm-7pm. We met my parents and my sister there and it was so fun. It was definitely packed full of people and there were so many cutie patootie's in their adorable costumes. Evan got a little warm in the mall too so he only wore his spider bonnet for a short while, oh well!

Evan the spider copy

Eating his first chocolate*:

Evan eating chocolate copy

Snuggling on mommy's sholder:

Evan on mommy's sholder copy
After the mall we went to Grandma and Grandpa's neighborhood, my childhood neighborhood, and showed Evan off to all the neighbors. He was a bit shy at first but as we continued on, he was waving 'bye bye' to everyone and even saying 'hi!'. I didn't get any pics of that but believe me when I say, he was done at that point. We headed home, gave him a much needed bath and off to bed it went. He was exhausted and we didn't hear another peep out of him for the rest of the night.

Mommy and daddy spent a night watching movies and pigging out on Evan's candy. It was a fun and relaxing way to end the day. While I know Evan will have no memory of his second Halloween, I'm thankful we have the photos to remember and enjoy for the rest of our lives.

*Just a note that we don't usually give Evan candy...just for Halloween! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin