Tuesday, December 1, 2009

an apple a day?

apples

keeps the doctor away? I guess we haven't had our fair share of apples...

On Friday afternoon, my hubby started to feel like he was getting sick. He was complaining of a sore throat and a headache and because of that we had to miss our new brother.in.laws post-Thanksgiving birthday shin-dig at his place. I was bummed because Paul is an awesome cook and he had prepared an entire Thanksgiving feast all by his lonesome...we're talking Yum-O for sure.

Anyhoo, Ben and I made the best of the evening and ordered take-out (el Taco Bell!) and just kinda relaxed for the evening. Then on Saturday Ben was still feeling under the weather so when I was sent home from work after only working two hours (yeah!) we did the same thing and just holed up in our house watching TV and eating more take-out. Talk about healthy. We unfortunately also had to cancel our evening plans of going to my mother.in.laws house for our annual Christmas tree decorating and eating left over Thanksgiving food. I was bummed because I always look forward to this evening. It's always so much fun and to miss it was a downer. But the mister wasn't feeling well so we did our own hopefully not-annual post-Thanksgiving evening of staying home sick.

On Sunday Evan and I went to church without Ben and after we got home we fed Evan lunch and put him down for a nap. Well unfortunately, he woke up twice crying and when we noticed his runny nose, we knew he had caught whatever it was that his daddy had. Bummer. Second time being sick this year, I guess that's not too bad. Needless to say, both of his naps where pointless with him waking up every 30 minutes or so and trying to suction his nose was horrible. He cried out in discomfort the entire time and it was discouraging when not much was removed in order to relieve him of his congestion. On the other hand, it was nice to know that I hadn't caught the sickness as I was feeling pretty good....that is until I woke up yesterday morning.

I woke to a sore throat and stuffy nose. All three of us spent the day in our pj's and blowing our noses until it was going out of style. Well of course, little man didn't blow his nose but boy do I wish he could have! But even though we were all sick, the day wasn't all that bad. It was nice to just be with each other and help each other. We made it a fourth day of staying home and just vegging. It was also fun because Ben introduced a new game to me which I ended up spending many hours playing, that helped to keep my mind off of being sick. Ben also made his famous french bread pizzas and we sat in the family room eating them for lunch AND dinner! Yay!

Well now it's Tuesday and I'm feeling a little better as I don't have a sore throat anymore and it seems as though Evan's feeling better too. Ben is basically well and is returning to work today. I'm a little bummed because it's been nice to all be home together but someone's got to pay the bills, right?

So how about you, have you and your household been able to dodge any season sicknesses this year? If not, what have you guys done to past the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin