Tuesday, January 26, 2010

fair?

So this evening, after going back and forth about it in my mind, I finally made it out the door to the gym. I was heading to the kick boxing class that started at 6:40. I left the house at 6:00 because I know that sometimes the classes fill up and I wanted to make sure I got there in enough time to sign up.

I drove my lazy self all the way down there, drove around the parking lot that looked like Christmas time at the mall and finally found someone pulling out of their spot. I pulled in and walked into the gym. Right away I saw a crowd gathered around the aerobics room, not unusual by any means. I walked up to the front desk and I over heard the receptionist tell another member "We have 13 already on the waiting list." What? So I asked her if that was the list for the kick boxing class and sure enough it was. I was shocked. It was only 10 after 6, a whole 30 minutes before the class was supposed to start and it was already so full that a waiting list of 13 people had already been complied.

Annooooooyyyying!

The gal at the front asked if I wanted to be added and I said, "I guess.". I'm not sure why I thought I'd have a chance at all to be added but I did and I waited to head into the room. As I stood there waiting, I suddenly realized that some, if not most, of those on the 'real' list were probably not currently in the gym. So I asked the receptionist, "Is everyone who is on the list actually in the gym right now?"

"No."

"Then how can they be signed up if they aren't here?"

"They come inside, sign up and then leave."

What?! How is that fair at all? I think that anyone who wants to take the class should only be allowed to sign up at the time the class is going to start, not hours before hand. But whatever, such is life I suppose. I guess I could have headed over to the cardio room and hopped on the elliptical but I didn't bring my iPod and I get super bored on those machines without something. So what did I do? I went to Carter's and bought little man a couple cute shirts one of which is stinkin' adorable. It's a red long sleeved onesie that says "Mommy's Valentine" across the front. I love it! I'd post a pic but I'm feeling (still) like my lazy self! ha!

So even though I didn't get to work out like I would have liked, at least I was able to be home in time to see Evan before daddy put him down for the night. I even got to help him brush his teeth and boy does he love brushing his teeth! He's such a good boy!

Hope everyone had a lovely Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. That is SO annoying!!! Just another reason why I hate gyms. Well that...and I hate working out. hahaha! Oh well, at least you got some shopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am just impressed that you made it to the gym.....that's way more than I would do! Ha!! That is crazy about the sign-ups though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at what Kristin said! You already know how I feel about exercise! I'm terrible.

    That's great that Evan likes to brush his teeth. Audrey prefers to chew on her tootbrush, little rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been pretty upset to get all the way there and not be able to work out in the class I wanted. Maybe next time. I love Carters clothing that shirt does sound adorable. Good for you shopping instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does stink! I hate stuff like that! I love Carters, I mean love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am impressed that you made it to the gym, I am not a fan of them, mainly with young kids and no babysitting and I don't like leaving my child in the care of the gym's babysitting. Good for you for goin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always a good start heading to the gym, but that really sucks that the class was full. If it is that busy then they should consider that and have more classes. I would have gone shopping as well, there is always something about retail therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry, in a few months the gym will be free again. It is all the new years resolutioners and they are head strong in January, then tapper off! :) I just love your blog! You are so honest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That just doesn't seem right! I think you should have to be there.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin