Monday, January 25, 2010

valentine's day goodies

I've been in the mood to make something cute for Valentine's Day this year and while I've come across several project ideas, I've decided upon two that I'm going to make.

The first one is actually going to be a surprise for someone who reads my blog so I'm going to share that one once it's been delivered. I know I know, you're just dying to know what it is but I promise, it'll be worth the wait!

The second one is this adorable Valentine's mantel banner that I initially found on 'How Does She...'.I just love it! It looks pretty easy enough and even though I don't have a mantel, I'm sure I can find a fun place to hang it. I went to Michaels this morning with my handy dandy 50% off any one item coupon in search of my supplies. I was surprised when I didn't find much of any Valentine's Day scrapbooking paper except for one bundle from none other than Martha Stewart. I also picked up a few other things to put it together such as some red ribbon and another bundle of solid color card stock in shades of red and pink.

Valentine's paper

Valentine's solid colored paper

I also came across this cute card set I thought I could use when I give out my yummy Valentine's goodies that I plan to make in the coming weeks.

Valentine's cards

I found some fun Valentine's mini cupcake liners at Target that are really cute too along with some jimmies that will go perfect with the chocolate covered pretzel rods I'll make. Man...I'm getting hungry now! haha!

I'm so excited for Valentine's Day this year because Evan is older and can appreciate it a bit more which is always fun! Here he is being silly as I was trying to take pictures of my fun finds!

Evan Daniel

Got to love the hair! Just like his daddy when he was a little boy!

So how about you? What are you planning to do with your little ones for Valentine's Day? Any fun projects in store or yummy treats?  Are you and your honey doing anything special? Or for the single gals, what do you do for Valentine's Day? I'd love to get more inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see how your projects turn out! I really wish I was as creative as you! :)

    We don't have any plans for V-day so far. I hate being a part of the craziness going out to dinner on Valentine's Day. Maybe we'll just see if someone can watch the girls on another night around V-Day.

    I'm also looking forward to getting to celebrate V-Day with the girls, esp now that Alyssa is so much more aware. She's already been asking me what we're going to be doing and making! I'll have to come up with something crafty and kid-friendly!

    P.S. Love the pic of Evan. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to seeing what you make! We don't usually do anything for Valentine's day. I will probably get the girls a little treat, but that's about it. I love the picture of Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is awfully adorable. Just sweet. My husband is the one who tries to make all the girls in the family feel special each year. I bake up valentine cookies and he delivers them, along with a little bouquet of flowers, to all of our daughters, granddaughters and daughter-in-laws. It is really a sweet tradition. And they all love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see how all your goodies turn out...I'm sure they will be adorable. How are things going with the neighbors?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin