Or does there seem to be a surplus of baby girls being born?
Sometimes I feel like the minority being a mother of a (albeit adorable) baby boy. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother to a boy. Actually, I hoped that he'd be a boy before we found out he was. I'm not sure why really, but I guess that I've always pictured myself with a son.
While I was pregnant with Evan, I had two other friends expecting at the same time. We were all due within 3-4 weeks of each other and unlike most of our friends, two of us were expecting boys. My friend who was expecting a girl already had two others, so obviously this would be her third. All of the women I can think of from my church who've had babies, all had girls and more than one, no boys. Evan is the only boy who goes to the nursery at church, the only one. He's surrounded by girls, pretty and stinkin cute little girls.
My two closest friends when I was growing up, both had girls. One went on to have a boy. Two of my previous boyfriends and their wives, both had baby girls and a guy I had a crush on in middle school, is now expecting a baby girl. In addition to that, two of my sisters childhood friends both had, you guessed it, baby girls.
So what do you think? Are there more girls being born than boys? Or am I just in a place where a lot of girls are being born and there are others places where tons of boys are being born? I just thought it was interesting and wondered what your thoughts were?
Perhaps Evan will have all these girls pounding down our door someday, begging to "go around" with him! hahaha!
(remember "go around"....that was funny!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Ha! We always called it "go with" me, like we would send notes in
ReplyDelete5th grade that said, "Will you go with me? Circle Yes or No" LOL!
Well, obviously I didn't have any luck in the boy department. Ha!
LOL! What can I say? We're obviously not boy makers but I guess that's what the Lord had in store for us. Maybe next time around you'll have a girl? You never know!
ReplyDelete(Ha, many years ago) when I was pregnant, there were many others having babies, seemed the nursery was even on sexes, then 16 years ago when I had my last baby, she was premature, weighing 4 lbs. but what struck me, as she stayed in ICU, she was about the only girl in there. And she was the only one not crying, the boys were crying all the time! LOL I really miss having a boy, being a cancer survivor, the chemo burned up all my baby making parts! The Good Lord gave me what he thought I needed!
ReplyDeleteI think it goes in spurs...I was the only one with a girl when my first was born. LOL Lots of girls to choose from is right? :)
ReplyDelete