Tuesday, January 12, 2010

a visit, a gift and a bump

Last November I had plans with a dear friend of mine to come up to where I live for a day visit. Unfortunately, we had to postpone that visit due to me catching a cold from my dear hubby and son. Finally yesterday we had our visit and I had such a good time eating, laughing and catching up.

Beth arrived around noon or so and we chatted for a bit before heading out for an adventure. January is a difficult month for my mother.in.law, Marsha, in that two birthdays of loved ones who've gone home to be with the Lord (a son and her husband, my FIL) and her wedding anniversary are all in January. Sensing that she needed a little 'pick me up', Beth, Evan and I headed over to her side of town and went to Target for a 'Thinking of You' card and over to Home Depot for a flower plant. We then headed to my mother.in.law's school where she works and we delivered the gift and chatted for a bit. Marsha was so surprised and thanked me for remembering her son's birthday. I know it's hard for her on days like these but I also know that it warms her heart when others remember them as well.

When we left the school we headed out for some lunch and then went back to my house to put Evan down for a MUCH needed nap. And that's no lie for sure! Before Beth left at around 5pm, we stood around my kitchen catching up so more and doing more laughing. It was so fun! She had brought me a little belated Christmas gift that was a cute Christmas coffee cup filled with chocolates, lip gloss and a pretty beaded bracelet she made me. It is so pretty! She did a great job! At 5pm we said our good byes and my hubby, Evan and I left to meet my MIL and SIL for dinner at Applebees. It was very tasty!

I love visits with friends and it's nice to be able to get together once in awhile even though we live hours apart!

bethandi
..................................................................................................................................

This morning after breakfast, Evan and I were playing around in the living room when he tripped on one of his toys and smacked his forehead on the table. He's now sportin' a nice lump on his forehead along with a nice scratch on his cheek from mommy when she was picking him up! Poor guy! He looks like he's been in a fist fight!

Evan's bump

I thought that this little plaque in his room given to me as a shower gift was a little fitting for the past few days we've been having..

evansbump

I decided to keep it quiet and simple today and just stay home. I made no plans other than to do some laundry and some of this and that around the house. I wanted to allow Evan two naps and nice meals at meal time. Since we had such a busy day yesterday, he didn't sleep well during his one and only nap and would barely touch his lunch or dinner. I felt like a bad mommy but when you have guests in town sometimes you just lose track of time and your schedule!

What do you mommies out there do when you have a super duper busy day or week to keep things semi-normal for your little ones? I just find that I don't know how to manage my time well!

6 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! Jackson currently has a bruise on his cheek!
    When we have a busy day I usually try to spend the next day at home so he can relax & unwind. That usually helps him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless Evan's little heart, he looks like one tough cookie though!
    great pic of you and your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy...I hate when the kids fall! But he is still so darn cute...bump and all -)

    And P.S...your photography skills are amazing. Seriously. I would hire you if you ever come out to Chicago :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had time with a friend. You are both so pretty...great picture. Sorry about the head, that looks like it really hurt. poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My poor little buddy :( I'm sure he perked up pretty quickly though...by the way that photo of him is awesome. You are getting really good with your camera sissy...I'm jealous :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...you girls look so cute in your picture! Lily fell the other day and had a huge bump on her face too. I just hate it when that happens, but there's just nothing you can do! Hope he's all better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin