If you've been coming to my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that I love playing around with the look of my blog. I love it some much in fact, I could probably change it everyday if I had the time!
Over the past several months, I've been teaching myself little things here and there in Photoshop. I ♥ Photoshop.
A lot.
I think I may have a slight obsession with it to be completely honest. Most days, I spend Evan's nap time fiddling with it and it never gets old because I learn something new everyday. I've mentioned it before, but I wish I could go back 13 years and know that I'd eventually have a tremendous interest in graphic design and photography, that way I would have known what to major in in college. But obviously I can't do that. So for now I'm just going to have fun with it and fun with it I'm having.
In my latest endeavors in Photoshop, I put together a small (very small) digital scrapbooking kit. It's the one you see on my blog right now. I'll admit that the embellishments are from another designers kit (I haven't learned how to create embellishments just yet, but that'll come next!) but the papers in the header along with the frame are all mine and the background I edited a bit to fit the colors. I'm actually pretty proud of it if I do say so myself. I've also learned a bit how to make birds, trees and clouds. So far the ones I've created are so cute! I just haven't decided what I'd like to do with them. They have a little modern flare to them that I think makes them really unique. I'll have to share them once they have a project to go into.
So in short, I love to fiddle around with the look of my blog. It'll look different a lot and I know that. It's just really fun to me since I know how to do it relatively easy. I am by no means an expert or even anything close to one, I just like learning new things. Especially things that involve creating something new. Fun! Fun!
I ♥ Photoshop. I thought I'd mention it once more in case I hadn't made that clear before. Shhh...don't tell my hubby...
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Love your new look. I had been meaning to tell you that I really liked the other one too. Esp the Bible verse that was in the header.
ReplyDeleteIt will be fun to see the other new desings you come up with!
How fun! It looks great! I don't know anything about photoshop or any of that kind of stuff, but I wish I did! Definitely show us the little birds you made....I just love the modern little birdie look!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean though about knowing years ago that you would've had a passion for certain things now. I am like that too. Back when I went to college, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I'm just now starting to maybe, possibly, get a little hint of what I want to be when I grow up. Ha!
It looks great. I sure wish I was good with HTML codes and blogger designs. It takes talent. the header picture is adorable too.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a very cute look! Good job! You should do a post where you share your photoshop knowledge.
ReplyDelete