Thursday, January 21, 2010

a storm and a hat

Well, it has been a rainy, thundery, lighteningy, stormy mess this week...and I love it! I love the rain. Always have and definitely always will. While most folks balk at the sight of a cloudy sky, I get all warm and cozy inside and feel all comforted for some reason. Rain is just nice.

On Tuesday afternoon, I was sitting on my couch doing what I usually do around 2:30pm (blog surf) and suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I saw this bright flash of light. Right away I knew it was lightening and before I could I knew it, I heard a rumble in the sky followed by what I would describe as a huge 'BOOM'. And when I say huge, I mean huge. It was so loud that the windows shook, the house shook and the alarms on cars outside went off. It was so darn cool! We don't experience many thunder storms here in the Bay Area so when they occur it's a special treat. About 20 or 30 minutes after that another loud 'BOOM' was heard and more car alarms were going off. Very cool.

I had to go to work that night so as I got ready I realized that my hair was going to be a frizzy icky mess unless I figured something out fast. Then I remembered that a sweet bloggie friend of mine sent me an adorable crocheted hat that I hadn't had the chance to wear yet. I pulled it out and tried it on and viola!

meandmyhat

Thanks to Veronica, I am now frizz free! haha! Thanks so much for making this hat for me! I love it!

You also may or may not notice that I colored my hair recently. At first I wasn't sure about it but now that I've had a week or so to get used to it, I think I like it! It's a lot darker than I've ever gone before as I usually go with red toned colors and maybe some highlights but since it's winter I thought going darker would look appropriate.

Anyhoo, I hope you all are keeping warm and dry, especially those in California right now, it's been raining since Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I am so jealous of your hat, that I'm going to have to have Veronica make me one, and I have never really worn a hat in my life, except for when I was in the Drum and Bugle Corp and we had to wear hats. LOL!! You look adorable in yours. It's so awesome how her hats look cute on any age!

    Last time we had a huge boom like that from a storm, it fried my brand new sewing machine and our TV :( So now we have a protector on our box outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is adorable. I didn't realize you are in the bay area. I'm only about 5 hours north of you and we have been having thunder and lightning too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE your new hair color. I think it looks awesome!

    As for the weather, we had that loud BOOM over here but it was at 6:30 yesterday morning and that's what I woke up to!

    I'm starting to get used to this weather but it does kinda put a damper on being able to get out and do stuff with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect hat! I wish I could make one like that.

    I read about your neighbors...that stinks. I have had bad neighbors and they even had a bad dog...but it was when we lived on an Air Force base so I knew they would leave sooner or later. Hope yours might move soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love storms too as long as I am inside. Cute hat. Veronica is so talented. Love the darker hair too.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin