This year I decided that I wanted to make Valentine's goodies for my family so over the past couple weeks, I had been collecting different Valentine themed items to get everything put together. I purchased a few different Valentine cookie cutters so I decided to make rolled sugar cookies. My sister came over on Saturday afternoon to help with the decorating and we had so much fun! Here are a few of the cookies we came up with:








I wrapped the cookies up in a fun Valentine baggie and tied them with some red and pink curling ribbon. I them put them in some fun Valentine chinese take-out boxes I purchased at Michaels along with some Valentine plain and peanut M&M's and Reese's shaped in a heart. I finished them off with some Valentine ribbon and I thought they turned out so cute!




Then I had also purchased a few red and pink lunch type paper bags and wanted to put them to use so I decided to make some Valentine mini brownie cupcakes and wrapped them in a different Valentine baggie and tied them with the same red and pink curling ribbon.


I put them in the paper bags along with another batch of the decorated sugar cookies (I made a TON!) and folded over the tops and tied them closed with yet more curling ribbon! haha!

A couple Christmases ago when I quit my job, we didn't have any money to purchased Christmas gifts for anyone, so I just put together some Christmas goodie baskets of cookies and other yummies. One of those yummies was some pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with some jimmies. Well they were a big hit so I decided to make those too!

But then I realized that since I had folded down the tops of the paper bags, I couldn't fit the pretzel rods inside so I had to come up with another idea. I wrapped them in Valentine baggies tied with curling ribbon and decided to attached them to the front of the bags and this is what I came up with! I like'em!

After getting everything put together, I used some cute Valentine cards I purchased at Michaels and attached them to the sides of the chinese take-out boxes and voila! Finished!

I had such a fun time doing this project! I was telling my husband that I much prefer doing these things for others than receiving anything myself! I just love to make others happy and to fill their tummies with yummies! hehe!
The only part to my day that I didn't like so much with the clean up. Ugh. This is what I encountered as I was just about to put everything away....

And this was just a small portion of the mess I made! But it was all worth it!
I delivered all the goodies to everyone on Sunday afternoon just before heading out on a Valentine date night with my hubby at Cheesecake Factory! Yum-O!
I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day...no matter what you did!! ;)





















Those all look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteOMG all those goodies look so YUMMY! I also loved the way you wrapped them all up! So cute! I am sure you're family LOVED them!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great Valentine's day!
I am in awe! And so inspired!
ReplyDeleteWow girl those look great and so professional. I'll bet everyone loved their homemade goodies.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Those are absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYum! You did a great job with all the treats. I'm sure everyone enjoyed them.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Such cute stuff and it all looks delicious!!:)
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering!! Ha!! You did a fantastic job! I especially love the pretzel sticks and the lips cookies. Great job!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThose are just so pretty! You could go into business making those kind of things...they looked amazing!! They looked so yummy too! I bet everyone loved them! When Evan gets in school, I bet you'll have fun doing the class goodies too.
ReplyDeleteohhhh, those cookies and chocolate dipped pretzels just made me want them...ALL!
ReplyDeleteThey look great.
I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory!!! And your goodies turned out amazing!!! Love the pictures...you are talented, girl!
ReplyDeleteOH- and AK's hair dryer toy is actually from Wal-Mart of all places! It is a "Little Tykes" toy! Have a great week!
Wow! Everything looked amazing V! I know I keep saying this, but your creativity blows me away!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys got to go out on a Valentine's date! Talk about an awesome weekend!
I'm drooling over your Valentine goodies!!
ReplyDeleteHOLY COW! You went all our. Yep...I love those lips. Looks like a ton of fun.
ReplyDeleteOK! I stand corrected. You are a cookie making diva!
ReplyDelete