Thursday, February 11, 2010

it's hard being a grown up

Remember the days when all you wished for was to be grown up so that no one could tell you what to do? Or at least your parents couldn't tell you what to do? I do. I remember being told to go to my bedroom and "sit and think about what I've done" or being told that I was on restriction until "whenever". I actually heard those things quite frequently although I was far from being a bad child.

Looking back, I thank my parents for putting me on restriction and sending me to my room. I had lots of friends who never heard any of those words or phrases. Back then I thought they were lucky. Now I know that they were not.

Since becoming an adult, I've basically been very satisfied being on my own and starting a family. I've enjoyed the freedom I've had from being "told what to do" (except for when work and a boss were concerned), spending my own money, going anywhere I want and staying out however long I choose. It's all been nice. But there have been many times where I wished I were back in my bedroom, sitting on my bed and thinking about what I've done. When all I had to worry about was when my dad would let me come back out and join the family in whatever it was they were doing. Today, my worries are much much bigger. Boy wouldn't it be nice if mommy and daddy could come and take it all away with a hug and kiss. But that's not the way it works when you become...gasp....an adult.

Right now, my hubby and I are experiencing what an adult is all about. When the bad gets bad and the hard gets hard. (And just to clarify, no, we are not having marital problems!) So without getting into too much detail, I'd just like to ask that you hold us up in prayer with our current situation. We are in the midst of making some huge life changing decisions and we need to know where the Lord is guiding us. I appreciate all the prayers you can give!

So, being a grown up is hard. Now if only I could have known that when I was 13 years old. ha!

8 comments:

  1. I remember thinking I knew it all and my parents had no clue whjen I was on my own at 18. I have looked back more than once and thanked GOD that I had the "tough" parents I did. I was an 18 year old baby! Praying for you hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tough when life gets complicated. Praying that God helps you find the right path for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, being adult and growing up is hard. This is where we 'grow' through experiences. As long as you keep the Lord first and following His will, you will be just fine. (Note: I bet your parents would love to have you in your bedroom, I am sure they miss you and those days)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you. Sometimes being a grown up is hard and trusting your decisions are the right ones is also hard. I will pray for peace too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you girl! I remember those days when I couldn't wait to be a grown up, now I would give anything to be a kid again somedays! We had it made back then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know what you mean about it being tough being an adult. These last few years for us have been the toughest ever. I'll be praying for you guys and know that as long as you seek the Lord's will, he'll guide you in the right direction!

    P.S. I will be sure to get pics of the girls in their V-day tees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life was definitley much simpler back then! Praying for you

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin