Since I knew I wanted to use some glitter and I needed some glue, I headed over to the dollar store and to Michael's to pick up some supplies. I found such fun stuff! I found these fun little bags of pretty glitter in different shades of Valentiney hues:

I also found these fun little foam hearts and whatnots:

On Monday while running a few errands, I stopped at a different Michael's just to snoop around and see what kinds of Valentine things they had. I was excited when I saw these rubber stamps in the $1 bin! You just can't find a rubber stamp for $1 these days! The ink cost more than the stamps!

When I got home from the store this afternoon and put Evan down for his nap, Lisa and I got down to business! We cleared the kitchen counter and opened up everything we needed to make our Valentine's. I did take a couple pictures of Lisa putting hers together but they didn't really turn out so this is where I'll invite you to use your brilliant imaginations! ha!
I did however get a few shots of the Valentine's themselves...in all their glory....or sparkle:
Lisa made this one for her hubby and it's now sitting on my entertainment center drying up so that it can be delivered on Sunday!

This Lisa made this sweet Valentine for Mr. Evan. I thought it turned out so awesome!

And here is the one I made. It's a little boring. I call it my practice Valentine. A little warm up to the real deal.

Over the next few days, I plan to make some Valentine cookies with the large heart and lips cookie cutters I found. They're going to be so cute! I'm also going to make some chocolate covered pretzel rods and sprinkle some Valentine jimmies on them. I made them a couple years ago at Christmas and they were a huge hit!
I'll stop right there with revealing all that I'm planning to do. I'm going to be delivering my goodies to family and friends and some of you read my blog! haha!
Are any of you planning to make any home made Valentine's or cookies? If you are, I'd love to know what you're doing to make Valentine's Day special and sweet this year! Heck, it may even spark something new for me to create for my goodie boxes!





















Those are so pretty! I'm just not motivated enough to do things like that, I guess. Ha!!
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did great on the Valentines! We don't do anything special except perhaps a card. Although last year hubby did surprise me with roses!
ReplyDeleteThose turned out so cute. you are getting creative. What a fun time. I should make some homemade ones too...but I am not so creative.
ReplyDeleteYour Valentine's turned out awesome! I'm with Kristin, I'm just not too motivated to do things like that these days. I also lack the creativity to do pretty things like that too!
ReplyDeleteYou would be proud of me though. The girls and I went to Michael's today and picked up a V-Day ornament kit for me and Alyssa to work on. We'll see how that goes! :)
I'm going to have to stop by at some point tomorrow to pick up my Valentine for Paul cause we are celebrating it tomorrow. I'll call you :)
ReplyDeleteFun! I love the sparkly glitter. Please share if you do make those fun cookies...the lips will be funny!
ReplyDelete