Last Thursday, I was cruising around ole Mr. eBay searching for some great deals on Cricut cartridges and I was so stoked (I don't ever say that word but it just seemed to fit here!) when I saw how much they were going for. I was able to get the Sweet Treats cartridge for only $29 bucks!! How cool is that? And THEN, on Saturday night, I got the Alphalicious cartridge for only $23 bucks with FREE shipping!! How more cool is that? (That's some good English there...)

The Sweet Treats cartridge arrived on Monday and I played around for a few hours trying to figure out how the whole thing worked. I actually watched a couple videos on YouTube on how to work it and that helped out a lot. I'm excited to work on some actual projects for my t-shirts. Evan's 2nd birthday is next month and I plan to make him a birthday shirt of some sort. I tried cutting some fabric but need to get another mat that has more stickiness to it, the fabric kept coming off and messing up the cutting process. I did watch one video where a lady suggested to use painters tape to help hold the fabric down, I plan to stop at Home Depot and buy some and see how that works. For those of you with Cricut's and have cut fabric with it, how have you been able to get the fabric to stay put? Any suggestions would be great!
Anyhoo, that's my Cricut update! I am just so excited about this new toy of mine! Hopefully soon I'll be able to post about something really cool I was able to make!





















Glad you were able to find some good deals. I love it when that happens!
ReplyDeleteHope you're able to find a way that works well to hold the fabric down. Again, I am no help but I know that Kristin could probably give you some imput on that one again! :)
Hope you're having a great week!
Yay for the cartridge deals! That is wonderful! I can't wait to see all of the fun creations you come up with!
ReplyDeleteGreat deals! I knew you would find some!
ReplyDeleteYea, I am so excited for you! How much fun!
ReplyDeleteyay!! what a great deal. i love alphalicious too, and have never seen the other one! i have no idea on the fabric though. and i think it's a fantastic idea to cut the fabric with it!!
ReplyDeleteThose are good deals. Congrats. I love my cricut. I can't wait to see all the fun crafty stuff you do with yours.
ReplyDeleteAwesome deals. Aren't the cartridges just so much fun?!! I love how many different and cool ones there are. I never could get mine to cut fabric and the thing is, it's going to dull out the blade pretty fast doing that. Even cardstock cut over and over for my notecards I made dulled out my blade pretty fast.
ReplyDeleteWhat I do is I cut out what I want and use that as a stencil. Do you know about how you can use freezer paper on fabric? There's a waxy side of freezer paper. Put that side down on the right side of the fabric and iron it on. It will stick to the fabric without damaging it. Then you can draw whatever you want on the paper side and use that as a guide to cut out your fabric. Does that make sense? So, I iron on the freezer paper, plop down my stencil from the cricut, trace around it and then cut it out with my scissors. Then when you're done, the freezer paper peels right off. It's a trick of the trade. Ha!!
Good deals are always great, huh? Hope you can figure out something for Evan's b-day shirt! =)
ReplyDeleteI have alphalicious and love it. my next big purchase is the paper doll one. I think it is so cute!!!! someone just blogged about fabric on a cricut...I think ucreate posted it. not 100% sure though!!!
ReplyDeleteI tried fabric once and it didn't work at all. I read somewhere that if you mod podge it first you could cut it out with the cricut. But that won't work for everything! If you figure it out, share because I would love to cut fabric with mine!
ReplyDelete