I just wanted to pass along an awesome deal that's ending today! If you go to Safeway today, you can purchase Betty Crocker SuperMoist Cake and Traditional Brownie Mixes at a special price of $0.69!!! Do you have a special birthday coming up, anniversary or do you just have a hankering for cake? Head on over there now and take advantage of this awesome deal!
I was given this information courtesy of MyBlogSpark, Betty Crocker and Safeway.
It's been a few days since my last post and that is because I have been so busy! I spent the majority of last week putting together a quilt top for my mother.in.law's birthday which was Friday. In fact, one night (or morning to some) I stayed up way too late. I won't say the exact time, but let's just say, it was around the time my local morning new station began. oops.
I was very proud of myself when I actually got the project completed before Friday and all I had to do was put a few finishing touches on it and then wrap it up! I'm very excited to show you all how it turned out, but since this is an Easter post, I'll hold it off for another post.
Aside from all the birthday present making, we had a lovely Easter weekend jam packed full of Easter activities. Saturday night, Evan and I colored eggs together in the kitchen and it actually turned out pretty well. He was very excited with all the colors and such. He was especially drawn to the clear crayons we used to draw 'secret' designs on the eggs! It was funny because here I was all trying to be careful and clean by putting each egg into it's colored cup with a wire 'spoon' and Evan grabs an egg and dunks it right into one of the cups with his hands! It was funny and his and my fingers were all blue! It was fun!



Evan's been getting really good at 'smiling' for the camera! Whenever we say 'Show us your teeth' he gives us this cheesy grin. Sometimes he gets so into it he starts to look like some sort of rabid animal! He's hilarious!
After little man was put down for the night, I put together his Easter basket and goodies. I'm glad I saved all of his Easter stuff from last year which made it a lot easier (and cheaper!) to put together! We bought him a couple Veggie Tales DVD's one of which was an 'Easter Carol'. We watched it Sunday morning as we got ready for church. He also got a slinky and a fun light spiny thingy that lights up with all these bright colors, he really enjoyed that! The night before, dad put out all his eggs filled with candy for his Easter egg hunt in the morning. I unfortunately missed it because I was at war with my hair! haha! I could hear them out in the front of the house and it was cute! He was all excited whenever he found an egg!

After church we headed over to my mother.in.laws house for lunch. It was extra special because my husband's grandparents are in town from Oregon and it was nice to visit with them and for them to see Evan. We ate a ton and even had another little Easter egg hunt for Evan in the family room. Of all the days for rain to come and hard, it just had to be Easter day. It poured almost all day! It was stinky but it was still fun inside.
Before the rain really started we were able to get a family group shot. Evan hadn't had his nap yet, so he was not in the mood for picture taking!

As I was uploading my pictures last night, I realized that we didn't get a family Easter photo like last year. I was quite bummed about this! We also didn't get a picture of Evan in his Easter outfit and that bummed me out too! He was just so gosh darned cute! AND we also didn't get pictures of him during his Easter egg hunts! Man, I was really bummed! However, my mother.in.law said she did take some pictures of him during the hunt at her house, thank goodness!
Anyhoo, that was our Resurrection Sunday! Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating our Risen Lord!





















I love all the bright colors in those pictures!! It sounds like you had a great Easter!
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful pictures. i love the egg decorating. His Easter basket was full of fun stuff too. What a sweet family you have. So glad your Easter was blessed.
ReplyDeleteYour egg dying experience sounds a lot like ours! I was trying to keep things clean with gloves and everything but it was a little bit tough. Audrey also loved he white crayon too! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a great day and I know what you mean about not getting all the pics you wished you'd gotten. I can't get a good group shot of us to save my life!
P.S. Glad you got the quilt top done and it turned out great. Can't wait to see it!
We colored eggs with that same kit. The girls really enjoyed it! Good thing your MIL got some pics!
ReplyDeleteEvan is such a ham!! That smile cracks me up!! He is such a cuite patootie.Evan's response to this comment would be "oh thank you!"
ReplyDeleteit if makes you feel better...i didn't take ANY pictures on Easter. i'm bummed too. but oh well right?
ReplyDeletei'm also a lame mom and didn't get the kids really anything because my mom and dad spoil them with huge baskets full of stuff. it's cheaper for me i guess!!
your giveaway will be featured tomorrow on my blog. i got the headbands on monday...and the girls LOVE THEM!! thanks so much! they're super cute and i can't wait to put them on a newborn in july. i'm just picturing the pictures i WILL BE taking of her!
and i love the egg dying pictures. super cute.
I loved your pics! Can't wait to see the quilt!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun weekend! I was bummed about the photograph situation too. I never got a family photo :(
ReplyDeleteThose are great easter egg photos. I didn't paint them with my boys this year but after seeing your photos I wish I would have. Cute blog.
ReplyDeleteNicole
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog. I just stumbled on it, and let me tell you...it's a blessing I did!
I love the pictures of your little guy dyeing eggs. That is one of my favorite moments with my kids.
Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Saturday!