Thursday, April 22, 2010

why I heart photoshop

There other night, I started fiddling around in Photoshop with a picture my hubby recently took of me while at the park one Saturday afternoon. I liked how it turned out kinda looking like it was taken with a 'fish eye' lens, something that I wish we could afford for me to purchase. They are just so darn cool! Anyway, the wedding photographer at my sisters wedding last September used a 'fish eye' lens in a few of the photographs and I think they came out fantastic. Seeing those just reinforced the desire for me to have one someday.

Here are a few of the photos taken with the 'fish eye' lens:

fisheyewedding1

fisheyewedding2

fisheyewedding3

(don't mind my unprepared 'smile' in this one....)
fisheyewedding4

(preceding photos courtesy of Deirdre Ellen Photography)

Are they cool or what? Can you tell I want one of these babies??? Anyways..............

Back to my photograph, I started playing around with it in Photoshop and decided to try to eliminate all others in it so that the primary focus would be of me (I'm not vain, I promise!). So after about an hour and a half I came up with something that I liked. I even fiddled around with the colors a bit by running some actions on it and I just love how it turned out.

Here's the before, completely untouched, straight out of the camera:

meuntouched

And here's the after:

me2 copy (Large)

This is why I ♥ Photoshop.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the edit!! i don't have photoshop but have elements. i also have lightroom. i love lightroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop is awesome

    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!!! Right now I just use paint.net and I downloaded the lightroom trial but I let it expire before I actually tried it. Boo! I'm thinking I want something that can do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Your pic turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE photoshop! I'm addicted. I make all sorts of things in it and love editing photos! Nice job!
    Stop by my blog if you have time and check out my phone interview with Peter Walsh from TLC!

    Robyn
    Mom All Day
    http://momallday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin