Anywho...one thing I'm excited to share is my new hair do! Since most of you have never met me in real life, you wouldn't know that my natural hair texture is curly. I've had curly hair since the day I was born and have embraced it and ran with it. As I've grown older, I've come to find a certain hair cut that I think compliments my hair nicely and it's all thanks to Larry. I found Larry several years back through a co-worker who also had her hair cut by him, she had curly hair too. It's hard to find someone who knows how to cut curly hair so when you do, you hang on for dear life! But then after Evan was born, my hair changed and no longer carried it's natural curl the way it once did. I grew very frustrated with fighting with it everyday so to avoid it all together, I just began straightening it everyday. What used to take more than 30 minutes to do, now only takes me a good 15 minutes and it's awesome!
Then this past January, I came across a fun little blog about a stay.at.home mommy who just so happened to have fabulous hair! I just loved it! So I thought that I'd try my hand at a side swept bangs hairstyle, the only problem was, I didn't have bangs. I wasn't so sure I wanted to take on such a dramatic change, you know, something that involved scissors and hair that would take a bit to grow back! haha!
So anyway, I just tried to 'fake it' the best I could and for the most part really enjoyed my 'new' look. Then as the weeks wore on, I started to seriously consider going to the salon and getting bangs, and that day was last Friday. Knowing that I was heading out of town for my brother's engagement party on Saturday, I wanted a new 'do'. I didn't have time to make an appointment with Larry so I just headed to the place where Ben gets his hair cut and just decided to trust the process or so to speak!
After only about 10-15 minutes, I walked out with a whole new look and was excited to get home to fix it 'just so'. I just loved it! I giggled at the sight and was so happy that I had finally decided to take the plunge. Ben really liked it too and so did everyone else at the party on Saturday! Yay!
Here's a picture Ben took of me at the hotel we stayed in over the weekend:

I'm still getting a little used to them and have had a few pity parties over them as I tried to fix them in the morning but overall, we are getting along just fine! hehe!
How about you? Have you ever done anything drastic to change your hairstyle? Gone real short? Cut it a totally different way? I wanna hear!
Oh and by the way...Mr. Goldfish is still with us! It's really exciting! Just wanted to update you all on his 'status'!!! Thanks for the fishy prayers! (that sounds funny...)





















As someone who knows you in "real life" I love that you write exactly how you talk! Your hair looks adorable by the way!!! And I'm so glad that Mr. Fish is still with you! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!! SO cute! I have insanely long hair (ok NOT that long but LONG) and I am so tempted to cut it off and donate it to locks of love! One of these days I am going to do it!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYOu are adorable. I was just thinking about you today. So glad you are well. Love the bangs. Yeah for fishy too.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your comment about my onesie :) I was just about to come over and see how you've been! I love your new bangs....you look beautiful! Once I cut my hair all off when Madison was a year old. Like super short and I hated it. Well, I liked it, but it made me feel so self-conscious, like everyone was staring at me! I've decided never to do that again! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLove the new bangs!
ReplyDeleteFor the past I've just been trimming my ends but it's starting to get too long and heavy - I think I'm going to do a chop soon and have been thinking about bangs. But every time I have myself semi-convinced I start remembering how awful it was grow them out in 7th grade! I'm still undecided.
I love the new look! I've had bangs forever and I used to wear them perfectly straight for the longest time until a hairstylist friend reminded me that sideswept bangs were more the trend. I've been doing my bangs to the side ever since and I love them that way. It does take time to get used to styling them, but after a while, you'll get used to it!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT. It frames your face so well too! =)
ReplyDeleteLove the new do! I am usually a short hair person, I LOVE short hair, but for some crazy reason I want to grow mine out again, like when I was in college. But I have super thick, stick straight hair, so we will see!
ReplyDeleteI love your new blog look!! So cute! Love the new do, it's very cute too!
ReplyDeletei love the hair! i love getting my haircut. and i've been wanting to. this makes me want to even more! lol.
ReplyDeleteand yay to still having mr. goldfish. that's great!!
How cute! Love it. It looks really, really good.
ReplyDeleteI've got naturally wavy hair, flat on top. I mostly straighten it. And girl, I've had long hair and pixie short hair. LOL Just never dyed it in my life. Maybe one day....
So glad the goldfish is doing great! :)
It looks really good on you! It's been a long time since I did anything dramatic. Hubby doesn't want me to go shorter than my shoulders. He likes longer hair on me. I've been thinking about doing something different though.
ReplyDelete