The other night I spent a couple hours searching online for little boy birthday party ideas and I found a theme I really liked. After seeing this, I just had to have an airplane themed party for Evan. Don't you just love the invitations? They are so cute! The goodie bags are way fun and the kids would go nuts over them I'm sure! So I went out on Wednesday to find some airplane themed items to get the invitations started.
Well now that I've got you all excited (well, maybe you're not! ha!) about an airplane themed party, once I was out, I changed my mind. I'm not sure why exactly but I did and decided upon a surfing themed party. I thought this would be pretty easy since you can use beach items to go along with it. So when I was at the scrapbooking store (which I love, the ladies inside there are always so nice!) I found some fun surf boarding paper and played out in my mind how I was going to put the invitations together. After the scrapbooking store, I walked across the parking lot to Michaels and bought myself a new toy, a sticker making machine! I thought that this would come in very handy with the party prep and I've come up with some fun stuff to make with it already!
Anywho, later that evening, I got to work on the invitations and had them all finished the next morning! I was so proud of myself for actually doing it rather than sitting on the idea for a few days! Yay me! Here's how they turned out:

I made the return address labels with my sticker making machine and on the back side of the envelopes, I made these cute little surf board stickers from a page of the scrapbooking paper I bought. I thought that was a nice finishing touch!
While at Michaels the other day, I also picked up some buckets with a shovel for the goodie bags for only $1/ea! Way cool! I'm planning to put some beach/surf related items inside for the kiddos! I'm really excited about this!
I'll post more as I finish putting things together, I just wanted to share how his invitation turned out!
Have a great weekend everyone!





















Love it!!! You are so talented, Veronnica!! I loved the airplane theme too. I love how yours turned out though! You must tell me about the sticker machine you got....I think I may need one. What kind, how does it work, etc? I think it might be handy for my business stuff! :) I was thinking of doing the summer pail idea for goody bags too for Kaylee, because her Bday is June 3rd and she wants a backyard pool/water slide party.
ReplyDeleteVery creative and I love the invites. Don't you just love planning kids parties? So much fun. I am getting ready to plan Stunt Mans too.
ReplyDeleteStop by my blog if you get a chance...I am having a giveaway today.
WHat a WONDERFUL idea for Evan's party! You are so gosh darn creative. I love it :-) Can't wait to see pics of the rest :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the invites and stickers! Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteA sticker making machine?! Too cool!! I think they turned out awesome!! Great job!
ReplyDeletelove it!! you're so very creative. and do great work! how many did you have to make? :0)
ReplyDeleteand sorry to hear about mr. goldfish. :0(
Those are so cute! I love the airplane theme! Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeleteCute invitations. bubbles are always a hit with kids in the goodie bags.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute! It'll be a fun party!
ReplyDeleteLove the invitations!
ReplyDelete