The days that followed the party, I realized that I didn't get some pictures of some of the key items of the party. I was quite bummed about that. As I mentioned in a previous post, I planned to make sugar cookies and cut them out with a #2 cookie cutter because it was Evan's 2nd birthday and put them in the favor buckets. They turned out so cute and I'm so sad that I don't have a single picture of them all decorated. I do have a few of them fresh from the oven though!

My sister iced them with white royal icing, which by the way, did a fantastic job! Thanks sister! On the morning of the party, I wrapped them in clear candy bags from Michaels and tied them with green and orange curling ribbon. They were so purdy! I've considered making more just so I could post a picture of them! haha!
I also made Evan a fun little t-shirt for him to wear at the party. I picked out some bright fabric at JoAnn's and this is what I came up with!

I'm still working on my sewing skills. Especially with a straight stitch. I just can't seem to round curves or corners with a straight stitch! After I made this, I thought I probably should have used white or clear thread because I went a little off track and crooked on the surfboard with the blue thread. Oops! But I liked it anyhow!
Here's the birthday boy sportin' his birthday shirt made by mama!
At this point, he had already got strawberry juice on it from the fruit kabobs! Those things were good! haha!
After lunch we had cake and cupcakes! This is where I didn't get a great photo of the cupcake tower. I was really bummed about this one because I worked so hard on icing them and making the cupcake toppers. This is the best shot that I personally got. I think my mother.in.law mentioned that she got a picture of it so I'll have to check out her photos!

And here is Evan's professionally baked cake! I thought it turned out really nice for a last minute thing!

I thought the surf boards and palm trees are so cute and I wasn't expecting them! And you can't really tell from the picture, but they painted waves too! Cute! I ended up using the cake props again for Evan's cake we had for him on his actual birthday this past Monday. I'll post that picture later in the post.
Evan was so funny with his cake. After we sang he kind of just sat there staring at it. I tried getting him to taste some but he wouldn't have it...and after all I went through! haha! Eventually though, he gave in and he liked it!
Here he is turning away from a spoon full of cake! What kid doesn't like cake? haha!

And then it was all good!


And here's mommy and daddy with the birthday boy!

So I think that I'll have to have a third part to this birthday party! I have so many photos and I'd like to post some of our guests! Those kids are too cute!
Stay tuned...........





















awww! i love it!! the shirt turned out wonderfully! and i wouldn't have noticed the crooked stitching unless you said something. which you did. and then i looked again and saw it. either way ADORABLE!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky boy to have had such a fun Birthday Party!
ReplyDeleteI am loving all the pictures. And, taking notes for ideas :)
ReplyDeleteI'm for sure going to make '1' cookies for the treat bags! Those were super, super cute.
All of the birthday party decorations look SO good!!! Way to go! :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute pics and love the shirt. I think it turned out great!
ReplyDeleteHow ADORABLE! Oh my goodness, everything is so creative, yet still remains nice and boyish for Evan!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, you are just sooo creative! =D
P.S. I awarded you over at my blog! =)
ReplyDeleteHi! I just came across your blog and love it! Wherever you live is beautiful!!! Looks like your little guy had a blast at his birthday:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! I love the shirt, I think it turned out great!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the cookies were really cute!!! I like his cake!
ReplyDelete