Monday, May 10, 2010

mother's day and a winner!

Before I get to Mother's Day in our next of the woods, I wanted to announce the winner of the Better Crocker/Safeway Bake Sweet Memories giveaway!!!

Chosen via Random.org, which I forgot to capture a screen shot of, the winner is....

Entry #17 which said:

Congratulations Doreen! We've already been in touch and your prize pack is on it's way!

Thanks to everyone who entered and stay tuned for another great giveaway in the coming days!!!

********************************************************************************

So on to Mother's Day!

We had a nice Mother's Day over here and I actually got to get in close to 2 hours of nap time in between visits with family so that was great! We started off the day by going out to breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes with my mom, dad, sister, her step-daughter, hubby, Evan and me. I just love breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes. Sunday's are the only days they serve breakfast and the hours are only from 9-12 so we never get to enjoy it since we're at church until after 12:30 most Sundays. We met everyone around 10:45 and the food was so yummy! Their french toast is the best and so is everything else! I received cards from my parents and my sister which were so nice! One funny thing that happened was when I was coming back from getting some more yummy food, I sat down and all of a sudden my sandal broke! You should have seen me trying to walk out to our car! I looked like I was all injured or something! haha!

After breakfast, we headed home and Ben and Evan gave me a couple cute cards and then I took my cozy nap on the sofa. When I woke up, Ben went to Starbucks and picked us up a couple coffees and then we were off to my sister.in.law's house for an early evening BBQ! My sister.in.law did a great job and everything turned out so good! We had hot dogs, salads and even home made ice cream with fresh strawberries! It was so nice. I received a couple more cards from my sister.in.law and mother.in.law and I even got some gorgeous red and white tulips from my sister.in.law. They were just so pretty! Thanks Kathleen!

After dinner, we spent a little bit of time out in the back yard where Evan got to run around and have some fun. We got a couple pictures taken of the family which I was happy about since I didn't really get a family picture for Easter. These were my favorites:

DSC_0129 (Large)

DSC_0131 (Large)

DSC_0115 (Large)

We headed home a little after 9:00 and decided that were going to head to bed early and watch some FRIENDS on the TV before nodding off. I don't know about you, but I LOVE FRIENDS. In my opinion, it's the best show TV has ever seen. I mean, I love it. It always brings a smile to my face and I could just watch every episode like a zillion times and never get tired of them!

Anywho, that was my Mother's Day. Nice and relaxing, just the way I like it!

How about you? What did you all do for your Mother's Day?

PS....completely off topic, but I'm hearing more and more about this Google Reader thingy. I'm so confused, can anyone help me understand how to use this thing? Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Yea for a great day! Your bangs are still looking so cute! Love the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of day! I love the pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds you had a great day. glad you got a picture!! i got one too. i was so glad. and it's funny because i totally thought of YOU when i was thinking about taking the picture. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Doreen. So glad that you had a nice Mother's Day. It sounded relaxing...just the way it should be. I love the pictures and the editing. What did you use. The family picture needs to be framed it is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer the google reader question: It's sort of like "blogs I'm following" list on blogger. For me, the perk is that once you scroll threw an entry it'll mark it as "read" - so I can easily keep track and see what I haven't looked at yet. You can also make categories (I have all my food blogs in a seperate folder thing) and star things (bookmarks it for you to come back to later). If you follow blogs via google friend connect, it'll automatically import your reading list to google reader, so you won't actually have to do any set up.

    Super handy.

    On another note - I love the sandals you're wearing! Mind sharing where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day! I love the family photo! It is perfection and I agree with Mimi that it should be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pics!! So glad you found my blog so I could "meet" you! :) I'm following now...and as far as figuring out Google Reader, that's what I use and pretty much everything that Kate said is right on...and I love my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pics! And yes, I love FRIENDS too! I have most of the seasons on DVD, and I used to watch them all the time. Now I find I don't have time to watch any TV at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had fun at breakfast too!! You guys look so cute in your pictures! Too bad we didn't get any shots when we were at Sweet Tomatoes :( I didn't even think about it. We'll have to for sure do it next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin