I've had a rough day today (well it's technically Monday now but for the sake of this post, today is still Sunday).
Without too many details, Ben and I fought today. I hate fighting with my husband. I love him so much. Our house was very quite all evening with no looking at each other at all. We played with Evan separately which made me sad. I cried, slept and slept some more.
I was just visiting my friends blog at Silver Lining and at the end of her most recent post, she wrote, "Oh how He love you and me." And it reminded me that we had just sung that song at church this morning. I always get choked up at the verse, "He gave His life, what more could He give? Oh how He loves you, Oh how He loves me, Oh how He loves you and me." As I sat here after reading her last line, I started to sing the song in my head and the tears just started coming down. He loves me so much, no matter what I do. If I fight with my husband or not, He still loves me.
I'm really sad right now. Ben's in bed and I'm sitting on the couch alone in the dark. I want to apologize and hug him so tight. I'm so stubborn sometimes. Today was our dating anniversary of 13 years. We had planned to have dinner out together alone and celebrate. It didn't happen. Instead we ate McDonald's......in silence.
O how He loves you and me
O how He loves you and me
He gave His life, what more could He give?
O how He loves you
O how He loves me
O how He loves you and me
Jesus to Calvary did go
His love for mankind to show
What He did there brought hope from despair
courtesy of: O How He loves you and Me lyrics
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















I'm so sorry you had a bad day :( I hope everything will be much better today. I hate it when my husband and I have those kind of days too! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteOh hunny, I'm sorry :( That is the worst feeling. Praying that everything is worked out and today is full of happiness for you.
ReplyDeleteHey V...I'm so sorry that you and Ben had a rough day yesterday. We've had our share of those for sure. I can totally relate to being stubborn because many times the fights we have over here have more to do with me not admitting I'm wrong and just saying I'm sorry than anything else.
ReplyDeleteI know it stinks to admit being wrong, but it stinks more to have that feeling that you didn't get closure after a fight. Believe me, I've been there.
I hope today's a better day and that you and Ben will have the chance to talk things through today. Just pray about it and ask the Lord to give you the right words to say.
I'll be praying for you and know that you can talk to me anytime if you need someone to talk to whether it's by email or phone. You know where to find me!
P.S. It's almost been 13 yrs for us soon too. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary and it will be 8 years for that!
I think we all have days like that. you are not alone. Hope that you all made up and things are back to great.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
MImi
Girl, I am praying for you all! It sucks when you fight, no matter what the reason! Hoping you have a better day and get a date out with your hubby to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it was such a crummy day. :( I don't like it when me and my hubby fight and I've been known to be quite stubborn too. I hope you guys can patch things up soon.
ReplyDelete