Just like Mother's Day, we decided to skip church and head out for some breakfast with my folks and sister. As I mentioned in my Mother's Day post, our church has all the moms in attendance stand with a mic and say their name and how many children they have. I am not a public speaker, even if it is just for 10 words, so we skipped out on that. I'm bummed though because I want to attend church on Mother's Day.
Anywho, Ben decided he liked how Mother's Day went so he wanted to do the same for Father's Day. We met my mom, dad and sister for breakfast and then decided to take a little stroll around the shopping center. We stopped in Michaels and Marshall's and was quickly reminded how the day was Father's Day and these stores were definitely not something this father wanted to participate in. So we promptly left and headed home. haha!
Once we arrived home we put Evan down for his nap and we followed suit. After about 2.5 hours we all woke up and headed on over to my mother.in.law's house for dinner. My mother.in.law made pot roast and my sister.in.law made a yummy strawberry salad with home made dressing. I love this salad! After dinner we all hung out in the backyard where Evan was able to run around and play. Ben received a few gifts that were pretty cool too. His mom gave him two t-shirts, one for Evan and one for him. The one for him said v1.0 and the one for Evan said v2.0.


And then a fun little 'Super Mario Bros' jacket and Donkey Kong Jenga game from his sister:


Father and son....isn't it lovely? This was all I could get out of little man.

Ben and his mom:

Then after all the gift giving....I had a little fun of my own! The weather was gorgeous and my mother.in.law's backyard is just full of beautiful flowers. I guess I don't have to tell you what I did next!





So that was our Father's Day! I just love getting together with family and celebrating whatever! It's just always a wonderful time!
Hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating with the men in your life!





















Sounds like a nice, perfect day! I love the 1.0 and 2.0 shirts....how funny!!
ReplyDeleteI used to play Donkey Kong on the atari!! lol
ReplyDeleteI love the shirts, too cute! Pretty flowers!!
ReplyDeleteWell that sounds like a nice Father's Day. Cute shirts & beautiful pictures you took. Love the bird house.
ReplyDeleteAwesome backyard pics! Sounds like you guys had a great Father's Day!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'll try replying back to your emails tomorrow. Haven't had much computer time since I've been feeling yucky the past two days! SO not fun!