Monday, July 26, 2010

ben's 33rd birthday

Last week we celebrated my hubby's 33rd birthday with family and friends. Thursday was his actual birthday so we had my mother.in.law, sister.in.law and brother.in.law over for dinner and dessert. After seeing this party theme, I decided to use the same colors for the occasion.

I made a birthday banner and stopped at the party store for party supplies and the colors were so pretty! I decided to go ahead and make cupcakes and a separate cake just for Ben. I colored the frosting for the cupcakes in red and blue with chocolate cake and for Ben's cake I used chocolate frosting and white cake that I colored red and blue. I was pleasantly surprised at how Ben's cake turned out because I had purchased the cake molds to use for Evan's party but they hadn't turned out. Here's how the dining room looked all decorated:

entireroom (Large)

The banner I made:

banner (Large)

A close up of the table:

table (Large)

I decided to make the cookies that were on the website I had seen except just using 'B' on the front:

cookies (Large)

The cupcakes! I wanted to make toppers but ran out of time!

cupcakes (Large)

Ben's cake:

benscake (Large)

insideofcake (Large)

I purchased candles that spelled out 'Benjamin' and had to get creative with how to set them on the cake!

candlesoncake (Large)

Make a wish!

blowingoutcandles (Large)

Ummmm....good cake....

beneatinghiscake (Large)

Evan had a great time eating his cupcake!

evaneatinghiscupcake (Large)

evaneatinghiscupcake1 (Large)

 evaneatinghiscupcake3 (Large)

Cheese!

cheesyevan (Large)

I'm thirsty!

evanwithsippy (Large)

We all had such a wonderful time and Ben seemed to really enjoy everything! On Saturday we spent the day with friends at a local park playing volleyball and then everyone came back to our house for food and games! It was so much fun! Evan had so many kids in his room playing with his toys! It was so nice to see him playing in his own room with his friends! He didn't get to bed until 11pm that night and he wasn't even grumpy! We played that game 'Catch Phrase' and let me tell you that that game is a lot of fun with a large group! I highly recommend it!

So we had a busy weekend and today was pretty low key which was nice. Birthdays are so fun but so much work!

Happy Birthday hunny! I love you!

ben (Large)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Wish you lived closer so you could plan my 3 year olds birthday. Great job!

    Oh I posted your giveaway today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did great decorating! wow! I love the lettered cookies. might have to do that for jeremy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and blue color combination right now! Looks like it was a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a cute party!!!
    I might have to get some ideas for K's first bday from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catch Phrase is fun! :) The decorations look great and the food yummy! You are great at planning parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything turned out great, V! I love the pic of Evan with his big smile! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! What a fun time and now I am hungry for cake!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin