Wednesday, July 28, 2010

new house

This week I finally feel like I've got a lot of progress done on the house with decorating and such. I was getting tired of sitting among boxes in the family room filled with pictures and wall decor so I did something about it!

I tried to start emptying the boxes on Friday but I wasn't sure where I wanted things and there were a couple of things I wanted to get to help get it started. For one, I want to get a large mirror to hang above the fireplace to bring more depth into the room and for the other, I wanted to get a large Roman numeral clock to hang on the opposite wall. On Monday I went on a thrift hunt to try to find both at reasonable prices but came to find that these types of items aren't usually carried at the Goodwill or at least at the ones near me. So I decided to just stick with retail stores and hope to find a good sale soon. Later that evening, my dad came over to sit with Evan while I got some 'me' time and headed out to Target. I came home with an amazing find at an even more amazing price! I found the clock I was looking for and it was only $39!! And it wasn't even on sale! Wow wee! So on Tuesday morning, I got busy hanging things on the wall and I'm so happy with how it's turned out! All I need now is the mirror but I have a feeling I'm going to find one soon!

I went around the house tonight and snapped some shots of some of the rooms to show you our new pad! Let me know what you think!

Living room:

View from the entryway
familyroom (Large)

View from left corner looking towards the dining room
familyroom3 (Large)

View from right corner looking towards the entryway (see my clock! yay!) (oh and I was watching 'So You Think You Can Dance' my fav show!)
familyroom4 (Large)
View from the dining room
newhouse2 (Large)

Kitchen

View from entryway
kitchen (Large)

View of the sink
kitchen2 (Large)

View from dining room towards kitchen and living room
kitchen7 (Large)

Dining room
kitchen3 (Large)

View from living room
kitchen5 (Large)

Entryway
entryway (Large)

View of hallway towards bedrooms
hallway (Large)

Our bedroom (it's a work in progress!) (oh and my mother.in.law made that quilt for us! So pretty!)
bedroom (Large)

Hall bath
bathroom (Large)

Shower (I can't seem to get away from glass doors! I hate cleaning those darn doors! They were at our old house and they're in both bathrooms here!)
shower (Large)

So that's the tour of our new place! It's starting for feel more like home and that makes me happy. We've been here for almost a month and for me to already have things on the wall is a feat in and of itself!

How about you? When you move, how long does it take you to start putting stuff on the walls?

9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful home, V! It looks great, so warm and inviting. It looks like a great place to raise a family. You're doing awesome getting stuff hung up....there are still things years later that I haven't done around here. ha! I'm glad it's feeling more like home to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything looks amazing! So jealous of the fact that your house is amazingly spotless! Definitley wouldn't see that if you came knocking at my door! I can't ever seem to catch up with the girls, the laundry and the dishes. I NEED a maid!

    As for the time it takes us to move in, I can't even remember. Last time I moved was almost three years ago and I can't even remember that far back. That was two babies and a zillion brain cells ago! :)

    P.S. Love your new clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your house is beautiful!!! Good job...and nice find on the clock too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the house! It's so pretty!!

    When we moved 5 yrs ago I got things arranged pretty quickly. I'm one of those people that like things put in their place so it didn't take long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I really wish you lived close to me so you could help decorate. We have been in our house for 3 years and have hardly decorated. I love that clock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks so beautiful! I love your new place. I can't remember how long it actually took us to move in here. It was close to five years ago, and we always knew that this was not a permanent place, so there was a lot we didn't do, that we would've done if we'd thought we were staying. But we're getting ready to move in a few months, and this time it's for good, so I'll let ya know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same curtains! Aren't they great? I tried about 4 before I found those at Target and now I LOVE them!
    http://ourcozyrobbinsnest.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-house-at-long-last.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin